Chapter 142

Nicolas: "Today is truly a very special day. You have become a firefighter and your dream of working together with your parents is coming true. You are a very special person, you have always been close to me even in the most difficult and saddest moments of my life and you have never left me alone. I fell in love with you when we were children and went to kindergarten and, despite all the distance we have had over the years, I have always continued to be in love with you. I love you and I can't imagine a life without you and without this huge family" he said and then knelt down and took the little red velvet box she had in her pocket. "Camilla Sullivan-Herrera, would you do me the honor of marrying me?" he asked her, opening the box and thus revealing the ring inside.

Camilla had tears in her eyes after listening to Nicolas' words and at that moment she couldn't give Nicolas an answer.

Camilla: "Yes, yes, I want to marry you" she then replied very excited.

Nicolas then put the ring on Camilla's finger and then they sweetly kissed while everyone started applauding. Everyone was really very happy for the two of them except one person, Samantha. When Camilla and Nicolas stopped kissing, Samantha said something to Nicolas and then ran away to her room.

Samantha: "I hate you" she said to Nicolas and then went to her room.

Everyone was amazed by what Samantha had said, but Nicolas then immediately understood why Samantha had said that to him.

Nicolas: "I think I know what happens to Sammy. I'll go talk to her"

Camilla: "Do you want me to come with you?"

Nicolas: "No, don't worry" Camilla nodded.

Nicolas entered the house and before going to Samantha, he went into the kitchen to get some of the little girl's favorite chocolates. Nicolas then approached Samantha's room and before entering he knocked on the door.

Nicolas: "Can I come in?"

Samantha: "No" she replied while she cuddled Pongo.

Nicolas: "Not even if I brought you your favorite chocolates?"

Samantha: "You can leave the chocolates, but I don't want to talk to you"

Nicolas: "I know why you are reacting this way"

Samantha: "No, you don't know" she replied, taking the chocolates and then slamming the door in Nicolas' face.

Nicolas: "You're afraid that Cami won't live here anymore if she and I get married, right?" Samantha didn't respond. "If you let me in, I'll tell you something"

Samantha: "Come in" she replied, huffing. Nicolas came in and sat on her bed next to her. "Speaks"

Nicolas: "You don't have to be afraid that your sister doesn't live here anymore, because that won't happen" Samantha then looked Nicolas in the face. "It's not my intention to leave this house and we definitely won't get married any time soon"

Samantha: "And when will you get married?"

Nicolas: "I would like to at least finish the academy and then think about marriage"

Samantha: "Then why did you propose to her now?"

Nicolas: "Because I love your sister very much and I really want to spend the rest of my life with her. We are already living together, so she won't change much after we get married"

Samantha: "So you're going to stay here and live?"

Nicolas: "Does this seem like a bad idea?" Samantha shook her head. "There's a lot of room here and I don't see why Cami and I have to move and then.." he moved a little closer to Samantha. "And then here is you, our little sister" he said, ruffling her hair a little. "Cami and I then have to tell you what happens at the station and then together we plan lots of fun pranks"