Chapter 147

Andy and Robert, after many weeks, were able to sleep peacefully for the rest of the night and felt very rested the next morning. While their children were getting ready, they started preparing breakfast so that they could all have breakfast together.

Andy: "How did you sleep?" she asked Camilla and Nicolas.

Camilla: "Good"

Andy: "Didn't Sammy get agitated and wake up during the night?"

Camilla: "She only woke up once, but she fell asleep again in a short time and then she woke up a little while ago"

Andy: "I'm glad she finally managed to sleep" Camilla and Nicolas nodded.

Nicolas: "Maybe she could continue to sleep with us on her next evenings too and then she will calmly go back to sleeping in her room"

Camilla: "I could sleep with her for a few nights so then she'll go back to sleeping alone"

Andy: "And that wouldn't be a problem for you?"

Nicolas: "Absolutely not. We just want Sammy to go back to being the same as before"

Andy: "It's what we all want" she replied, smiling.

Their talk then ended there because Samantha joined them and as soon as Alexander arrived too, they started having breakfast. Once everyone finished breakfast, Andy and Robert first accompanied Samantha and Alexander to school, then Nicolas to the academy and then together with Camilla they went to the station for the start of their shift.

In the following evenings Samantha continued to sleep together with Camilla and Nicolas and things were getting better and better. One afternoon Andy and Camilla organized a girls' afternoon so that Camilla proposed that Samantha start sleeping in her own room again.

Samantha: "Is this going to be an afternoon just between us girls?" Andy and Camilla nodded. "Ohhh, I like it" she replied happily. "Can we put on nail polish and then you can braid me?"

Andy: "We can do anything you want" Samantha smiled the biggest smile.

Camilla: "And I would say that before putting on nail polish, mum gives you two braids"

Samantha: "And then I can do them for you?" both Andy and Camilla nodded.

Andy and Camilla started braiding Samantha and once they were done, Samantha then braided her mother and Camilla. All three were having a great time and Samantha seemed to be happy. While Andy, Camilla and Samantha were putting on their nail polish, the latter wanted to ask her mother something.

Samantha: "Mom, can I ask you something?"

Andy: "Yes, of course" she replied, smiling.

Samantha: "Is it okay if I don't come to the station with you tomorrow?"

Andy: "Do you want to stay home?" Samantha shook her head.

Samantha: "Can I go to the hospital with Mark? There will be a day where children like Mark and I, who are well, play together with some of the sick children so they have some company"

Andy: "Of course you can go"

Samantha: "Thank you mom" she responded by going to give her mother a kiss on the cheek. "Later can you help me prepare a box with some things that I will bring to them?" Andy and Camilla nodded. "But first the nail polish must be very dry"

Camilla: "Obviously" she replied with a little laugh. "Shall we watch a movie while we wait for the nail polish to dry?" Andy and Samantha nodded.