Chapter 144

One day while Nicolas was at the academy, Luke arrived and urgently needed to talk to Nicolas.

Nicolas: "Did something happen?"

Luke: "Yes and I really think that for this week and next, at least, you won't be attending lessons"

Nicolas: "So I'm getting worried. What happened? Is Cami okay? Has something happened to the rest of the family?"

Luke: "Something serious happened and.." he said as he and Nicolas got into the car. "there was a bad accident a little while ago and.."

After Luke told Nicolas what had happened, he started crying. Nicolas still couldn't believe what Luke had just told him and was quite in shock. When Nicolas and Luke arrived at the place where the accident had occurred, Nicolas saw Robert and immediately rushed to him.

Robert: "What are you doing here?"

Nicolas: "Luke came to pick me up at the station and he told me what happened" he replied with tears in his eyes. "I think Luke was right to come and get me" Robert nodded.

Robert: "Yes, he did well. Cami I will need you and.."

Nicolas: "I will help you with anything. I know Pruitt and Ingrid weren't my grandparents, I didn't really want to be as sad as I feel, but.."

Robert: "Don't talk nonsense. They were your grandparents from the first moment you became part of this family" he replied, hugging Nicolas. "They have always been there for you, they helped you during the recovery period from your accident and you have every right to be sad and cry" Nicolas nodded.

Nicolas: "Where are Cami and Andy?" Robert showed him where Andy and Cami were.

Robert: "Go to them and above all stay with Cami"

Nicolas: "I will"

Nicolas then headed towards Camilla and Andy and when Camilla saw him coming, she ran towards him. Nicolas immediately held Camilla in a strong hug and then gave her a tender kiss on her forehead.

Camilla: "Nico.."

Nicolas: "Shhh.. don't say anything" he replied while Camilla continued to cry.

Andy: "How did you get here?" she asked, approaching Nicolas and Camilla.

Nicolas: "Luke brought me here and.. I'm really sorry for what happened"

Andy: "Thank you for being here" Nicolas nodded. "It's not easy being here for any of us, but unfortunately we've gotten used to doing this job, but she still isn't" she said, referring to Camilla. "Could you take her home?"

Nicolas: "Yes, of course" in the meantime Camilla had left to go to her father.

Andy: "Cami witnessed what I hoped she would never have to witness" she said as she sat down next to the truck and Nicolas sat down next to her. "When we got here they.." tears started to flow harder down Andy's face. "They were still alive, but their conditions were really bad and.." she had to stop for a moment because she was sobbing and Nicolas hugged her. "Cami spoke to them, but it was only a brief moment because then both Ingrid and Pruitt closed their eyes"

Nicolas: "I think it was a very difficult time for all of you" Andy nodded and rested his head on Nicolas' shoulder.

Andy: "Do you promise not to leave her alone for even a second?"

Nicolas: "I will" he replied shaking Andy's hand. "Do you and Robert have to stay here?"

Andy: "Yes, we have to go to the hospital where the doctor will give us.. I don't know what they have to give us, I don't remember anything" she replied sighing. "And then before we go home we'll pick up all our things at the station and we'll pick up Alexander and Samantha from school" Nicolas nodded. "I don't know how we're going to tell the two of them what happened"