Chapter 66

Andy: "Robert.. are you awake?" she said softly.

Robert: "I'm awake. What's up? Are you ok? Are you hungry? Do you want something?"

Andy: "I'm fine. It's just that.." she put her hands on his stomach. "It's just that the baby.."

Robert: "Is there any problem?" Andy shook her head. "You're making me worry.."

Andy: "Put your hand on my belly and feel"

Robert put his hand on Andy's belly and felt something. "Is this really happening? It's moving?" he said in a low voice not to wake Camilla and Nicolas.

Andy: "He kicked very hard, that's why I woke up and then I woke you up to let you hear it"

Robert: "It's so good to hear it" he said kissing Andy's belly. "And anyway I was already awake"

Andy: "How come?"

Robert: "Nico moves a lot and kicked me in a very sensitive area" Andy laughed. "It's not fun, it hurts"

Andy: "If only we had been alone.."

Robert: "What would you have done?" he asked maliciously.

Andy: "Something I can't tell you now, you know.. there are two children in the bed with us and it's your fault"

Robert: "I know, I know" he replied with a joke. "But I don't change my mind, they will sleep with us in the next few days too"

Andy: "I'll try to change your mind tomorrow" she replied yawning.

Robert: "You won't be able to" he said as he hugged Andy with a hand on her belly.

Despite their little night chat, the children next to them didn't notice anything and continued to sleep. Nicolas continued to fidget a lot hitting Robert various times in different places, while Camilla slept very peacefully all night.

That would be the last day that the children would be home all day, because the next morning they would go back to kindergarten. For Andy and Robert, too, this would be their last day off before going back to work. Andy would work for a few more weeks and then she would be home until Alexander was born and in the meantime she would start planning the wedding. Camilla was the first to wake up, she got out of bed, she woke Nicolas and together they went downstairs. The children sat on the sofa to see the cartoons waiting for Andy and Robert to wake up for breakfast. While Camilla and Nicolas were watching tv, Ingrid and Pruitt entered the house.

Ingrid: "How long have you two been up?" she asked the children.

Camilla: "Recently, this is the first cartoon we see"

Ingrid: "Ok. Are Andy and Robert still sleeping?" Camilla nodded. "Do you want to have breakfast?"

Camilla: "Yes"

Nicolas: "Okay"

Ingrid and Pruitt went into the kitchen to make breakfast for everyone and as soon as everything was ready, Pruitt called the children. They immediately ran to the kitchen and sat around the table. Ingrid had made milk and cocoa for both of them and then cut a slice for each of the chocolate cake she had made the day before.

Pruitt: "What do you want to do today?"

Camilla: "Can we play in the pool? It's very hot" she said waving her hand in front of her face.

Pruitt: "All day?" the two children nodded. "That is fine"

Ingrid: "So after you've had breakfast, go change and then we'll have fun all day in the pool"