Chapter 6

The next morning after having breakfast there was a last call and when Maya and Andy returned to the station, they went to take a shower before returning home. As they walked into the communal showers, Maya had seen in the distance that Sullivan was there too; the night before while they were at dinner she had mentioned that she had a problem with the shower in her bunk, that's why she was there. Maya then came up with an idea to try to move things a bit between the two. With an excuse she left Andy in the shower and she went out and locked the door without being heard. Vic saw what Maya was doing and she told her what she had in mind and obviously Vic agreed. Andy, not seeing Maya coming back, started calling her without getting any response, then when she turned around she saw Sullivan coming out of the shower with no towel on and started drying her body and didn't realize that he didn't. he was alone. Andy stared at him, then she slowly approached him and when he turned she took the initiative and kissed him. At first Robert was surprised by what she had just done but then he continued to kiss her. Andy's towel also ended up on the floor and they were completely naked. They got carried away by the moment and did what they hadn't done in years, their bodies had come together and they were lying on the bathroom floor getting carried away by passion, or at least that's what Andy was daydreaming about. In fact, she had been watching Robert for a few minutes while she dried his body until he turned and saw her.

Andy: "Emh.." she said slightly embarrassed and he covered himself by putting a towel on his hips to cover himself. "What are you doing here?"

Robert: "I have been having problems with my shower since yesterday, I thought there was no one there. Aren't you supposed to be home already? The shift has been over for a while"

Andy: "Maya and I just got back from the call, then I'm going home. Isn't your shift over for you too?"

Robert: "Yes, but I had to finish some paperwork that had been on my desk for a while"

Andy: "Oh, ok"

Without realizing it they had come so close that they could hear each other's breathing. They looked at each other intensely and their lips joined in a sweet kiss, this time he wasn't daydreaming, it was all true. Andy panicked, she broke away from him and wanted to get away.

Andy: "Robert.." she said in a whisper. "I can't"

She couldn't open the door because Maya had locked it and she started calling her, every time Robert called her she heard Andy's voice breaking so he yelled Maya's name and she opened it right away. Andy ran away in tears in her bunk, she got dressed and sat waiting for the others to leave. Maya and Vic tried to talk to her several times but Andy didn't want to talk to anyone and they left. While she was still sitting on the bed someone else knocked on her bunk door, this time it was Robert.

Andy: "I told you I don't want to talk now"

Robert: "I'm Robert, they just left"

Andy: "I don't even want to talk to you, I don't want to talk to anyone"

Robert: "Open just a minute"

Andy opened the door and walked away from him.

Andy: "Why won't anyone leave me alone today?"

Robert: "Because people who love you care about you"

Andy: "I'm fine"

Robert: "That's not true, you are not well. Is there something that troubles you, do you want to tell me? If you want me to go, I'm going"

Andy: "You"

Robert: "Me?"

Andy: "Yes, you. I'm afraid of what I feel when I'm with you, it scares me. I was very hurt once and all this with you.. I don't know. I have a daughter, who would ever want to be with us? "