Chapter 143

Camilla was really happy to work together with her family and every day when she came home she told Nicolas everything she had done. He, on the other hand, was preparing because in a few days he would start the course at the academy. The evening before Nicolas started going to the academy, Camilla had thought of doing something fun because she had seen that Nicolas was quite nervous. Camilla then asked Samantha and Alexander for help and they organized a very fun game night.

Camilla: "We're all going to have a lot of fun together tonight" she said to Samantha and Alexander.

Alexander: "Do mom and dad know about this evening?"

Camilla: "Yes, of course" she replied smiling. "They will also participate in our game night"

Alexander: "But they are very competitive when we play"

Samantha: "You're right, but there will be six of us against the two of them" she replied winking at her brother.

Alexander: "And are you really sure that this time we will be able to beat them?"

Samantha: "Absolutely yes" she replied confidently.

Camilla: "What do you plan to do?"

Samantha: "Nothing.." she responded very vaguely.

Camilla: "Can your brother and I trust each other?"

Samantha: "Yes" all three then started laughing.

Alexander: "Where is Nico?"

Camilla: "Mom and dad took him with them to do the shopping" she said laughing. "So now we have some time to prepare everything" Alexander and Samantha nodded. "What if we invited the grandparents too?"

Samantha: "Aren't they too old?" Alexander and Camilla burst out laughing.

Alexander: "Well.. yes.. they are a bit old, but maybe they will be part of our team so we can really beat our parents"

Samantha: "Oh, yes, great idea. I'll go and tell my grandparents"

Samantha immediately went to the annex so she could also invite Pruitt and Ingrid to game night while Alexander started helping his sister. Camilla and Alexander went to look for the boxes containing the games to play that evening and then went to tidy up things in the living room.

Alexander: "Samantha will stay with her grandparents until we get everything sorted out here, right?"

Camilla: "I really think so" they both started laughing.

Camilla and Alexander continued to set up all the necessary things for game night while Samantha was with Ingrid making lots of popcorn. At the supermarket, however, Nicolas was helping Andy and Robert with their shopping and at a certain point he began to understand that perhaps something would happen that evening.

Nicolas: "Why are we buying all these things?"

Andy: "Emh.. the supplies at home are finished so we have to get some things back"

Nicolas: "Mmmhhh.. I'll pretend to believe you" Andy started laughing.

Andy: "Wasn't I convincing enough?"

Nicolas: "Honestly?" Andy nodded. "No"

Andy: "Please don't ask anything else, otherwise I'll ruin the surprise"

Nicolas: "I guess something is happening at home and I'll find out when we get back"

Robert: "Exactly" Robert replied as he put some things inside the cart. "Now that you know there's going to be a surprise, try to be surprised anyway otherwise my little girl will be mad at us for telling you something"