Chapter 40

Andy: "The result is.. it's positive" she said with a big smile.

Ingrid: "I was really sure of the result" she said hugging Andy.

Andy: "Before I tell Robert, however, I would first like to pay a visit and find out if everything is okay. Would you come with me?"

Ingrid: "Of course I'm coming with you"

Andy: "I call Carina, Maya's girlfriend, and ask her if we can go now" Ingrid nodded.

Andy called Carina who obviously told her to go to her when she wanted. Ingrid and Andy got ready and went to Gray-Sloan's at Carina's. While they were waiting for Carina to call them for her visit, they talked a bit.

Andy: "Can I ask you something rather personal?"

Ingrid: "Yes, sure"

Andy: "After you lost your husband, have you ever thought about going out with someone again?"

Ingrid: "Honestly, I've never thought about it, but.."

Andy: "But now you're thinking about it, aren't you?" Ingrid nodded. "And I guess it's my father.."

Ingrid: "How do you know?"

Andy: "You smile a lot when you are with him and.. and the other day when we talked you blushed"

Ingrid: "Oh, emh.. I didn't notice. It's a problem for you, if we.."

Andy: "No problem, I just want you to be happy. You both deserve to be happy. I know how hard it was for my dad to be alone for many years, I thought Reggie would make him happy, but it didn't. If you make him happy, that's fine with me"

Ingrid smiled and then Carina arrived. Andy and Ingrid followed Carina into the ultrasound room and she had Andy lay down on the bed.

Carina: "So.. you didn't trust the test result?"

Andy: "Yes, but I want to make sure everything is fine"

Carina: "What symptoms did you have during this period?"

Andy: "I don't know, I didn't even think I was pregnant"

Ingrid: "Well.. you had very strange cravings and you were nauseous, but you thought it was just stress"

Carina: "Did Andy really never question you?" Andy shook his head. "Thank goodness she gave you the test. Are you ready to see the baby for the first time?"

Andy: "Yes. Can you come here mom?"

Ingrid approached Andy and held her hand throughout the visit. Carina put the gel on Andy's belly and started checking the fetus with the probe.

Carina: "You have been pregnant for almost two months and everything is going well"

Andy: "Almost two months? Oh, wow, I haven't thought for so long.."

Ingrid: "Well.. I think the trip to Germany has paid off"

Andy: "I really think so"

Carina: "Now I will prescribe some tests that you have to do and we will meet again in a few weeks, but for anything you know you can call me"

Andy: "Thanks. Just one thing.. can you not tell Maya?"

Carina: "I'm your doctor, I can't say anything"

Andy wiped off the gel, Carina gave her the tests to do and some copies of the scans made. Ingrid and Andy have come out of the hospital and Andy wanted to find an original way to tell Robert that she is pregnant. As it was almost lunchtime, the two women headed to the mall to eat.