Chapter 10

The next morning Andy was the first to wake up and as soon as she opened her eyes she saw her daughter sleeping in Robert's arms and it seemed to her the sweetest thing ever. She quietly got up and went to prepare breakfast for everyone. While she was in the kitchen Robert woke up too and woke up the little girl. They both got up and joined Andy for breakfast. As soon as they finished breakfast, they all got ready. Together they accompanied Camilla to kindergarten, who was delighted that she was accompanied by both of them, and then they headed to the station to start their shift. As soon as they arrived at the station, Maya and Vic saw them arrive together and as soon as Andy walked away from Robert they asked her a lot of questions while she changed.

Maya: "Did you come together?"

Andy: "Good morning Andy, you're back, how are you feeling? Thanks for asking" she said sarcastically.

Vic: "We know you're fine and we're happy you're back, but come on, did you come together?"

Andy: "Yes"

Maya: "And.. did he sleep with you?"

Andy: "Yes"

Maya: "The baby was right then"

Andy: "Who is it that she was right?"

Vic: "Your daughter. Yesterday she was here and we asked her a few things.."

Maya: "We know that you two have been sleeping together these days, have you done anything else? Did you follow our advice?"

Andy: "No, we just slept and then I was sick if you don't remember"

Maya: "he saw you in your worst condition and he didn't run away, it's already something"

Vic: "Now she'll have to see you at your best!" she said with a wink at Andy and high-fives Maya.

Andy: "Stop it, he and I are friends"

Maya: "Friends? Jack is also your friend and I don't think you sleep with him"

Andy: "Robert is different . shouldn't we work now instead of standing here talking?"

Vic: "Yes, let's go. Just know that this conversation doesn't end here"

Andy rolled her eyes and snorted away.

During the morning course, since there was no call, they all dedicated themselves to cleaning. When they finished cleaning they were about to start preparing lunch when the alarm went off and they all had to go out. As they headed to the call site Robert asked Andy if she was okay and she said she was okay and she was happy to be back at work as she was bored at home alone. Shortly after they arrived and saw that there had been an accident between a car and a truck and they had to free the people who were stuck inside the car. Sullivan quickly gave everyone homework and they got to work. Andy was taking care of the woman driving the car and when this woman regained consciousness she was asking about her baby girl if she was okay. Andy looked around and saw no children, but then saw a small shoe on the other side of the car. The child had not been tied to the seat and with the impact of the truck she was thrown out. Andy started screaming for help forgetting about the woman, she was worried about that little girl and when she saw that little girl with a lot of blood on her she collapsed. Robert came over and she and when he saw the little girl he understood the situation and tried to get her away from there. Sullivan told everyone to look after the baby who looked bad first and then her mother. Robert took Andy and drove her to the truck as far as possible from that scene. He made her sit down and then hugged her.

Andy: "What if something similar happens to me too? If I didn't tie Cami and.. and.."

Robert: "Shhh, don't think about it"