Chapter 41

Michelle: "Now that you are both here, there is a problem with the application for adoption. Ryan requested sole custody of the child" both Andy and Robert couldn't believe what they had just heard.

Andy: "Are you kidding right? How did he know about the adoption? He cannot take our baby, she is not her daughter, she is mine and Robert's" as she spoke she was agitated and Robert tried to calm her down.

Robert: "Calm down for a moment, in your condition you have to try to be calmer"

Andy: "I know, but he can't pretend to take our little girl"

Michelle: "Andy, are you okay? What condition was Robert talking about?"

Andy: "I'm fine, I'm pregnant" she said smiling. 

Michelle: "This is great news" she said hugging first Andy and then Robert. "I'm really happy for you"

Robert: "Thanks, but now can you tell us how Ryan got to know I want to legally adopt Cami?"

Michelle: "When I went to court to figure out why it took so long, I found out about Ryan and started doing research. From the research I did it turned out that over the years Ryan has always controlled Andy from afar in everything he did and he knew that she had kept the baby. The judge dealing with your request is actually an acquaintance of Ryan, he recognized Andy's name and warned him"

Andy: "You mean he's been spying on me all these years?" Michelle nodded. "Can we do something to prevent him from having Cami's custody?"

Robert: "Who would be the fool who would entrust a child to him with everything he has done?"

Michelle: "I'm sure he will never get the child's custody, but he has a lot of powerful connections. First I will try to change the judge and then we will bring a lot of evidence in your favor to show that the child is happy and Robert is the right person to raise her with you. Is it a problem for you Robert if I spend time with you and Cami in the next few days?"

Robert: "No problem, do whatever you have to do. If you want to stay here with us these days, you are welcome"

Michelle: "Ok and besides, I should also talk to the kindergarten teacher"

Robert: "You can come with me today when I go to pick up Cami from kindergarten, I promised her we'll go to the park"

Michelle: "Okay. I have to go now, Robert see you later" and she is gone leaving Andy and Robert alone.

Andy: "We should tell our parents about this"

Robert: "I agree. Will we do it tonight or as soon as they get back?"

Andy: "Okay. If they come back when I'm not there, talk to them"

Robert: "Ok. It will all be fine" he said, always holding Andy in her arms as he stroked her belly which was slightly swollen than usual. "I wouldn't want to leave you right now, but I promised Luke that this morning I would go with him to choose the dress for the wedding and.."

Andy: "Don't worry, I have to go with Vic and Maya to choose the bridesmaids' dresses. I'm not sure I'm keeping the pregnancy from them, they'll ask me a lot of questions if I say I don't want a dress that is too tight or that I will definitely need an extra size"

Robert: "Well, you could tell them"

Andy: "Are you sure it's okay if I tell them?"

Robert: "I'm very sure. You know, you could also talk to them about Ryan's story, you are practically like sisters and it would do you good to talk about it with them too, they can help you"