Chapter 114

Alexander's second birthday was a few days away and Andy had arranged everything. Since she was still at home, in times when the children were quiet at home, she managed to organize a small party for her son. Andy had chosen zoo animals as the theme for Alexander's birthday as in recent months the boy had been playing a lot with zoo animal puppets and making some of their noises. Every time Alexander made a noise like one of the animals and Samantha was near him, she laughed. Andy had taught her son the names of some animals and then the child when his father and his sister came home, he repeated the names of the animals to them and also showed them the pictures that represented those animals.

Alexander: "Dad" he said taking his hand to lead his father into the living room and Robert followed his son. "Frog" he said pointing to the figure of a frog. "Cow" indicated the figure of the cow. "Sheep. Pig. Bee" he said pointing to the figures of those three animals.

Robert: "Good little man" he replied smiling at his son. "Do you like these animals?"

Alexander: "These yes" he said pointing to the figures of the cow, the sheep, the pig and the bee. "This fear" he said, pointing to the figure of the frog.

Robert: "Then let's put this figure away, okay?" the boy nodded and Robert hid the card where the frog was depicted.

Alexander then made the sound of those animals and was very happy. Camilla was also with her father and her little brother and the little girl showed the figures of other animals that he already knew in order to make him imitate those animals as well. Meanwhile Andy was fighting with his daughter Samantha because the baby was very agitated during the bath and she was making a big mess. Usually Samantha was calm during the bath, but today she felt like a small earthquake. She moved a lot, a lot of water had come out of the tub and Andy was completely wet.

Andy: "Robert?" she yelled to call her her husband. "I need your help" she continued to scream.

When Robert heard Andy screaming because he needed help, he first made sure Camilla checked on Alexander and then reached his wife and daughter. When Robert got to them and saw what was going on, he just laughed.

Andy: "Stop laughing and help me" she said scolding her husband.

Robert: "I'm coming, but this is all fun. What happened? She usually stays quiet while it's bath time"

Andy: "Today she decided to be agitated, very agitated" she replied sighing.

Robert: "You go and change, I'll take care of this little footballer" he said taking Samantha in his arms.

Andy: "I'll change and then I'll come and fix all this mess"

Robert: "I think about this too. You go to Alexander and Cami"

Andy: "Sure?"

Robert: "I'm sure" he replied and then gave her a kiss.

Andy left Robert and Samantha alone and went to the bedroom to dry off and change clothes. Meanwhile Robert had diapered Samantha, put her in pajamas and then while he held her in his arms, he tried to fix all the mess that was in that bathroom. It hadn't been easy for Robert because Samantha kept fidgeting, but in the end he had managed to fix everything. Andy, after getting changed, joined Alexander and Camilla in the living room who were playing quietly. Andy stayed and played with her kids for a bit and then, as it was almost dinnertime, she went into the kitchen to cook dinner. Robert had managed to calm Samantha down a bit and then, after leaving the child to play with Alexander and Camilla, he joined Andy in the kitchen.

Andy: "How did you calm her down? What's your secret?"

Robert: "No secret, she's probably just tired"