Chapter 112

Little Samantha continued to grow and the more she continued to be agitated. The little girl was never almost still and Andy was sometimes very desperate. For Andy breastfeeding was becoming a nightmare because Samantha while she was eating her legs moved hard, hit her mother and Andy was full of bruises. Camilla and Alexander, on the other hand, were very calm, they played together and every night Alexander wanted to fall asleep in bed with his sister with Robert who told the bedtime story to both of them. Alexander loved being in the company of Camilla, while he didn't like interacting much with Samantha. One day it happened that, while Alexander was trying to stay close to his little sister, she got agitated as always and involuntarily hit her brother. He had started crying and then later when they tried to bring the two children closer together, he tried to push his little sister away. Camilla, very patiently, over the days had managed to bring Alexander closer to Samantha and things slowly, slowly, returned to being normal. When the summer holidays were over, Camilla went back to school and was happy to see her classmates again. For most of the summer Camilla had not seen her two cousins because they and Clarissa had returned to Germany. Jack had also been in Germany with them, but he had only been able to stay a week because then he had to work. Clarissa and the children had returned just a few days before school started and only when school started did the children see each other again. Andy and Clarissa spent a lot of time together, after dropping their children off at school they chatted together for a while and then each went back to their own homes. Robert on the other hand, while Andy was away from home, took care of Alexander and little Samantha. One morning Robert had gone out with Alexander and Samantha and when they passed in front of a toy store, they stopped. Robert had Alexander choose a game and he had chosen a remote controlled toy car so he could play it with his father. Robert then saw a small soft ball and bought it for Samantha and of course he got something for Camilla as well. Alexander and Robert enjoyed playing with that little soft ball because they were trying to get Samantha to kick it. Every time Samantha managed to kick the ball, both Robert and Alexander cheered as if Samantha had scored. When Andy saw them all playing like that together she smiled and was happy that Alexander interacted more with his little sister. When Camilla left school in the afternoon, Andy and Robert picked her up, taking Alexander and Samantha with them, and then they went to the park. They took advantage of the fact that there were still some beautiful days to stay outside since winter would soon arrive. Robert had little time left to stay home with his family before returning to work and he wanted to make the most of these moments. Andy and Robert had decided to start sampling food for Samantha since whenever they were at the table she was trying to grab anything. One afternoon Ingrid and Pruitt had taken Camilla and Alexander to the park so that Andy and Robert could have a little more peace with Samantha.

Robert: "I prepare the fruit puree so we can try to give it to her"

Andy: "Okay. I try to calm her down a bit. I don't know where she gets all this energy every day" she replied and Robert just laughed.

Robert: "She has always been so active"

Andy: "Yeah. I hope he calms down a bit sooner or later" Robert nodded.

While Robert was preparing the fruit puree in the kitchen, Andy tried to calm down Samantha a little and luckily she succeeded and then put the baby in the high chair. As soon as Robert finished preparing the puree, he approached them and handed the jar to Andy along with a teaspoon. Andy took some puree and then brought the spoon to the little girl's mouth. Samantha immediately opened her mouth and ate right away without any problems. Andy and Robert thought Samantha was still eating quietly, but she didn't. After Samantha calmly ate the first few teaspoons of puree, when she started eating the next few she laughed and spat all the puree in her parents' faces. Andy found fruit puree not only on her face, but also in her hair while Samantha continued to laugh. Through it all, Andy and Robert continued to give Samantha fruit puree and she kept eating some of it while some kept spitting it in her parents' face. Once they finished mashing Samantha, they had to give her a bath because she too was covered in food.