Chapter 145

The days following Ingrid and Pruitt's accident were very difficult, especially because Andy and Robert also had to take care of organizing the funeral. Andy and Robert, after various setbacks, managed to get both Ingrid and Pruitt the funeral organized by the department and now the two of them were in their room with pen and paper in front of them to try to write a speech to make.

Andy: "Will we be able to write something?" she said resting her head on her husband's shoulder.

Robert: "Maybe yes, but I don't think so at the moment" she responded by giving her a tender kiss on her forehead. "It's probably best if we think about it tomorrow and go to sleep now" Andy nodded.

Andy: "Sammy and Alexander will sleep with Cami and Nico again tonight"

Robert: "And would that be a problem?"

Andy: "I don't know"

Robert: "I think that's fine. They need each other" he replied, hugging his wife. "And Nico is great especially with Sammy. She is small and when she is not with us these days, Nico always keeps her with him"

Andy: "I'm glad he's here with us" she replied, smiling. "I'm also happy that Cami will marry him one day" Robert snorted while Andy let out a small laugh. "Are you still so jealous?"

Robert: "I always will be. She will always be my little muñequita"

Andy: "Yes, of course, Cami will always be your little girl, even if she is later married to Nico" Robert snorted again.

Robert: "This afternoon Nico and I talked a bit" he said while holding Andy a little tighter. "We talked about what will happen during the funeral and.." he let out a long sigh. "I asked him to stay with Sammy and Alexander, it could be very difficult for the two of them to participate in the whole parade with us" Andy nodded. "They are both still young and I don't want them to suffer any more than they are suffering now. Is it good for you?"

Andy: "I agree with you" she replied, giving her husband a tender kiss on the cheek. "But I'm worried about Cami. What if she couldn't wear her grandfather's helmet throughout the parade?"

Robert: "We and the rest of the family will be ready to help her. She will never be her alone" Andy nodded. "Let's try to get some sleep, tomorrow will be another very difficult day, the rest of the family is arriving from Germany"

Andy: "Yeah, right, I almost forgot"

Robert: "But before I sleep, I'm going to check on our children"

Andy: "I'm coming with you"

Andy and Robert, holding hands, went downstairs and as soon as they arrived in front of Camilla and Nicolas' room, they noticed that all their children were sleeping peacefully and Pongo was on the bed with them. Being a little calmer, Andy and Robert returned to their room and fell asleep too. During the night, however, Camilla woke up crying and so as not to wake Nicols, Samantha or Alexander, she went to her parents.

Robert: "Hey, what's going on?" she asked when she felt her little girl snuggle up to him.

Camilla: "I keep dreaming of that moment" she replied, continuing to cry.

Robert: "I know and I'm very sorry about it" he replied, holding her little girl close.

Camilla: "When will all this pass?"

Robert: "I would like to tell you very soon, but it won't be like that. It will take time, it will never go away, but you will get used to it. For anything, you know that you can always count on me and mom" Camilla nodded.