Chapter 24

While Camilla was in kindergarten and Andy was at work, Robert had taken all his things he had in the old apartment and had finally moved in with Andy and the child, putting up for sale that small apartment that he would no longer need. He didn't have a lot of things so he was quick to settle down and now he felt even more at home. The soft toys had arrived from grandmother Ingrid so when Cami came home from kindergarten for lunch time she immediately wanted to call her.

Camilla: "Dad, can we call grandma?"

Robert: "Ok, while we wait for mum to come back we'll call her" Robert started the video call and after a few rings Ingrid answered.

Ingrid: "Hello princess"

Camilla: "Hi grandma. All the stuffed animals you sent me have arrived. I love them so much, thank you"

Ingrid: "I'm glad you liked them"

Camilla: "Do you know that tomorrow is my birthday? I am 4 years old" she said while making the number four with one hand.

Ingrid: "Really? Your father didn't tell me"

Camilla: "Dad is organizing the kindergarten party and dinner at our house with all the uncles, grandfather and Reggie. But you won't be there" she said a little sadly.

Ingrid: "Hey, don't be sad, we'll see you very soon and then I'll call you tomorrow"

Meanwhile, Andy also came home after a long shift and was visibly very tired.

Camilla: "Mom has arrived, would you like to say hello?"

Ingrid: "Of course I want to say hello"

Camilla handed the phone to Andy.

Andy: "Hi Ingrid, are you okay?"

Ingrid: "All right, thanks. You, on the other hand, seem very tired to me, my daughter"

Andy: "It's been a long round full of calls, I'm devastated. Luckily there is Robert" she said with a big smile.

Ingrid: "I hope he behaves well with you"

Robert heard from his mother. "Quiet mom, I treat my women well" Ingrid and Andy both laughed.

Camilla: "Mom, why did your grandmother call you daughter? Aren't you daddy's mom?"

Andy: "Emh.."

Ingrid intervened. "I called her her daughter because she is now part of the family and I love her as if she were my daughter. It's an affectionate way to call the people you love"

Camilla: "Ohh, I understand. So she could call you mom..?"

Ingrid: "If you want, yes"

Andy: "I don't know what to say, I.." Robert was hugging her.

Ingrid: "Andy, don't worry it's okay" Andy smiled. "Robert.. remember to send me some photos of the little girl along with her soft toys"

Robert: "I'll remember" then he turned to the girl. "Say hello to grandmother now, lunch is ready and mom needs to rest a little later"

Camilla: "Ok. Goodbye grandma" and she blew her a kiss.

Ingrid: "Goodbye princess" she too blew her a kiss and then she said goodbye to Andy and Robert too.

After having finished lunch, Camilla and Andy got on the bed to rest while Robert cleaned the kitchen and went to the pc to finish organizing the two parties for the next day. He had already ordered the cakes, bought the things to take to kindergarten, he just needed to go and get the gift for his daughter and had to do the shopping for the evening dinner. Those last two things he would do the next morning when he was home alone. She closed her pc and joined her girls in bed. As soon as Robert stood next to them Andy she woke up.