Chapter 69

The next morning, Robert had to start his shift early at the station and after getting ready he woke Andy to warn her that he was leaving the house.

Robert: "Hey" he said giving her a kiss. "I'm leaving"

Andy: "Do you have to go so early?" she asked opening her eyes.

Robert: "I told you the shift would start soon"

Andy: "That's right, I forgot about it" she replied yawning.

Robert: "Go back to sleep, there's still time before the alarm goes off for you and Cami" Andy nodded. "I'll call you later. I love you" he said before she kissed Andy and then kissed Andy's belly too.

Andy: "I love you too" she replied and then went back to sleep.

Robert, before going to the station, went to Camilla's room, left her a kiss on the head and then left the house. When Robert arrived at the station, he changed and then joined the rest of the team for breakfast. It was strange for Robert to be at the station without Andy, but he had to get used to it because it would be like that for the next few months.

Meanwhile at home, Andy woke up and after getting dressed she went to wake up her daughter. Camilla didn't want to wake up, but when Andy told her that they were only going to spend an afternoon together, the little girl woke up immediately.

Camilla: "Will we really spend an afternoon just you and me?" Andy nodded. "And will you come and pick me up from kindergarten?"

Andy: "Yes. From today, every day I will come to pick you up from kindergarten and I will stay at home with you"

Camilla: "I like it" she replied smiling. "Can we go for breakfast?"

Andy: "Yes, let's go"

Andy and Camilla went to the kitchen and had breakfast. After Andy prepared the baby, they left the house and Andy accompanied Camilla to kindergarten. Before Camilla left her mother, she asked her again if she would pick her up at lunchtime and Andy confirmed it. As soon as Andy got home she tried to call Robert but he didn't answer. Robert was out on a call, he saw that Andy was calling him, but at that moment he couldn't answer. He knew very well that if he didn't answer she would be worried, so he texted her saying he couldn't answer and he asked her if she was okay. When Andy read Robert's message he smiled and said she was fine and that they would hear when he got back to the station. Andy was with Rex at home and before starting to clean the house a bit, she relaxed by cuddling Rex. The dog then went out into the garden and Andy started doing the housework without getting too tired. He had just got his clothes out of the washing machine when his phone started ringing, it was Robert.

Andy: "Hey, are you back?"

Robert: "We came back a little while ago" he said as he sat down at his desk. "And now I have to take care of the paperwork" he said with a snort. "How do you feel?"

Andy: "I don't know if your paperwork is more boring or doing your laundry" she said laughing. "And I'm fine"

Robert: "You're not getting tired, right? You have to rest"

Andy: "I'm just doing laundry and changed the sheets in bed. As soon as I finish, I rest before going to pick up Cami from kindergarten"

Robert: "Good. If you need anything, call me"

Andy: "I'll call you later when Cami is there"

Robert: "Ok. See you later, I love you osita"