Chapter 64

Ingrid and Pruitt were originally supposed to take a little vacation of only a few days, but in the end they were away for more than a week. Andy and Robert were happy for them and it was right that Ingrid and Pruitt also spend some time alone together. During that week, when Andy and Robert were on duty at the station, they also took Camilla with them. There were days when Nicolas was also at the station so that he could play alongside Camilla. Robert was getting used to Nicolas' presence with Camilla, but he was still jealous. They had all noticed at the station how Robert enjoyed playing with Nicolas and many began to suspect that peanut was a boy, while others thought that Robert played a lot with Nicolas because peanut was another girl. Nicolas, spending a lot of time with Camilla, Andy and Robert, eventually started calling Andy and Robert as aunt and uncle. At first it was strange for Robert to be called uncle by Nicolas, but eventually he got used to it. Whenever Nathalie left Nicolas with them she would go to what was almost her ex-husband to try to get him to sign divorce papers. Things were difficult because Peter had no plans to get a divorce but after many arguments he had finally signed the papers. One day while the children were at the station they were getting bored because they didn't know what to play and Robert came up with an idea that would keep them busy for a long time. With help, Robert had an old white sheet spread on the floor so that the children could draw on it using their hands.

Andy: "Now that Nico calls you uncle, are you a little less jealous?"

Robert: "No, I'll always be jealous of my little girl"

Andy: "You really had a great idea. They are having a lot of fun drawing on that sheet using their hands"

Robert: "I also promised him that later we would have attached him here at the station and.. and not only the sheet will be all colored, but also them" he said pointing to the two children.

Andy: "It doesn't matter in what conditions we bring them home, the important thing is that they are having fun"

Robert: "You're right" he replied smiling.

Andy: "I have to tell you something"

Robert: "Are you okay? Do I have to worry?"

Andy: "I'm fine. Nathalie asked me a favor. Her mother got hurt and she has to take care of her for a couple of weeks. Her mother lives in San Francisco and since she is about to start her asylum again she.."

Robert: "And she asked you if Nico could stay with us so as not to miss any kindergarten day, right?" Andy nodded. "That's fine with me, but.. Peter? He's his father, couldn't you be with him?"

Andy: "Peter signed the documents a few days ago, Nathalie told me they fought a lot and she doesn't want to see Nico anymore"

Robert: "I'm really sorry for Nico, he's still so small"

Andy: "Do you agree if he stays with us?"

Robert: "Yes sure, no problem. When does Nathalie have to leave?"

Andy: "In two days, earlier due to work she can't leave. In the meantime, with her mother there is a nurse until she goes"

Robert: " I understand. I hope Nathalie's mother will recover soon"

Andy: "I hope so too" looking at the children who were having fun, Andy came up with the idea to reveal the sex of the peanut. "Tomorrow night we should invite everyone to our house for the reveal of the peanut sex"

Robert: "Tomorrow night? Have you found a way to reveal it?"

Andy: "Yes, and the inspiration just came from watching Cami and Nico. We should buy the paint of the right color and have shirts printed for everyone"