╟ Chapter 186: A Banquet For Your Fill ╢

You landed on the terrace of the castle, quickly finding a hiding spot. Men who were preparing the final touches for the banquet passed by you a few meters away, disappearing around a corner. It was almost the end of the day, the sky covered in purplish colors that complimented the style of the Shogun's residence.

After your break, you had quickly finished your commissions at the forge and left early. With the money you earned, you bought yourself a cheap kimono and jewelry to compliment with it. 

If you were to infiltrate the castle, you needed a disguise. It was better than raising easier suspicions with your usual attire, after all. To your knowledge, you knew that Nami and Shinobu were inside to spy, and Brook was also there as well to assist Robin if something wrong happened along stealing supplies.

"YohohOhohO....A cUrse On yOu..." a spooky voice spoke behind you, your complexion paling at the sudden fright.

"GYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" you screamed, whipping your arm around to smack whoever was standing there.

Speaking of the devil, said skeleton's soul somehow got punched into a wall of the castle. Poor Brook laid almost unconscious on the floor with blood coming out like a fountain on his cracked forehead.

"DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN!" you shook a fist at him, vein popping beside your head.

"S-Sorry, (y/n)-san..."

"I thought I was discovered..." you sighed, pinching the bridge of your nose. "What are you doing here anyway? Aren't you supposed to keep a close eye on Robin?"

"Oh, the banquet is about to start, so she was gathered with the other geishas for the moment"

"I see. Is there a lot of guards around here? Or the way is clear?"

"Hmm. Last time I surveyed this area, a group of men were making their way to the banquet. But if you follow this hallway, you should be fine" said Brook, motioning with his head the hallway in question.

"Thanks, Brook" you patted his soul, causing the skeleton to let out a joyful laugh.

Brook passed through a wall, leaving you on your own for now. Following his instructions, you headed to the hallway. They were mostly empty and quiet at the moment, except for a few loud cheers echoing from the banquet hall time to time. You guessed that the Shogun decided to start the party early in the end.

You entered the first set of shoji doors, finding inside a few boxes and a desk with paperwork on it. There wasn't anything of importance inside the boxes, useless trinkets from an old time that would turn into dust at any time. You couldn't really decipher what was written on the papers as the ink smudged the entirety of the text as if someone spilled water on it. Perhaps it was tea, judging from the colors and the faint scent.