Chapter 19: Knock-Up Stream

Sauntering behind Luffy while he was running back toward Montblanc's house, like an excited child, you stared at the sky to realize it was already morning. You quickened your pace so you wouldn't give the chance to Luffy to miss his precious adventure on a sky island. Eventually, you two finally returned and the others greeted the both of you. 

"Guys! We did it!" laughed Luffy.

"Luffy! (y/n)! Hurry! We're behind schedule!" scolded Nami, her hands on her hips.

"Check this out! A Hercules! It took me forever to find one!"

"So that's why I thought I lost you for a moment back there" you mumbled, sweatdropping at the sight of the insect in his hands.

"YOU WERE LOOKING...." shouted Nami, gritting her teeth.

"...FOR A BEETLE!?" finished Usopp.

"Hey, what's with Going Merry looking like a chicken?" you asked as you pointed out the different appearance of the ship.

"It's the Going Merry Flying Model!" said the sniper with a smile.

"Awesome!!! It looks like it could fly!!!" said Luffy with stars in his eyes.

"Doesn't it?! They did it for us!"

Masira's crew cheered and blushed a bit, doing gestures like a monkey. To which Luffy answered with one of his owns.

"Look at'em go" sighed Sanji.

"Seeing that makes me feel uneasy..." muttered the navigator.

"I agree. Even a pigeon would've been better than a chicken..." nodded Zoro and Nami whipped her head to him.

"THAT'S NOT THE MAIN ISSUE HERE! YOU'RE AN IDIOT!"

"Alright! Let's set sail! Ready, men?" fist pumped Usopp and Masira's crew cheered once more.

You took this time to approach Montblanc with Luffy in toes, setting down the bag in front of him. Silence was met as you stared at him, expecting him to say something at least. Montblanc puffed his cigarette:

"Get on board already! There's no time! Or are you plannin' to waste your chance to go into the sky, you fools?" said Montblanc and Luffy nodded with a smile.

"Right! Thanks for the ship!"

"It's them you should thank" Montblanc pointed his thumb back toward Shojo and Masira.

"Yeah! Thank you, guys! You can have my Hercules!"

"Like they care about-" you started but was cut when they cheered loudly in excitement.

"Seriously?!"

"For real?! We can?! You're nice!"

"-...or probably yes" you finished your sentence, letting your head fall down as Luffy laughed.

"Anyways, let's hurry!" called Masira. "Get on board, before we're too late!"

"We'll lead the way, so follow us!" enriched Shojo.

"Luffy! (y/n)! Hurry!"

You gave one last look to Montblanc, who was still silent on the matter, before running with your captain to the Going Merry. It's only getting on board that you finally heard:

"Saruyama Alliance! Don't screw up, now! No matter what happens, give everything you got for them!" yelled Montblanc.

"Yeah!!!"

"It's time to set sail, guys!" smiled Nami.

Lifting the anchor, the Going Merry moved backward and sailed after Masira and Shojo's ship. Montblanc advanced to the shore:

"Kid! This is where we part ways! There's one thing that's a definite fact. No one in history's ever disproved the city of gold or the sky island. People might laugh and call it foolish logic, but it's enough for me. That's what romanticism is all about! Thanks ya for the gold...So don't go falling down from some sky island, alright?!"

"See ya, old guy!" waved Luffy.

"Thanks for everything, Cricket-san!" enriched Nami.

"I'm sure the city of gold is real, old-timer!" said Usopp.

"Old guy! Don't overdo things!"

"Mind your own business!" answered back Montblanc.

"All right! It's currently 7:00 am! We should arrive at the destination area at around 11:00 am!" yelled Shojo. "Like the old-timer said, the spot the Knock-Up Stream shoots up from changes each time, so we need to arrive beforehand and find it! We're a little behind schedule, so..."

"Hey, what's wrong with the bird?" you asked, completely ignoring the monkey man. "It's trembling..."

"HEY ARE YOU LISTENING?!"

Luffy moved the bird's head to the left, only for it to face back south.

"See! It faced forward!" chuckled your captain and you raised a brow.

"There sure are some weird birds out there!" mused Usopp.

"It's true! It can only face south! This guy's like a compass! So neat!" continued to laugh Luffy and the South Bird released angry noises.

"What did he say?" you asked the small reindeer.

"He said he's going to face a different direction to mess us up" responded Chopper. At this, the South Bird faced north.

"Now's he facing backward..." you muttered. You scoffed when you saw the bullets of sweat forming on its head. The bird let out a pained noise and returned to look south. "He doesn't feel right unless he's facing south"

"HEY! YOU GUYS! DON'T GET THE BIG BOSS MAD!" yelled one man of Shojo's crew.

"It's all right! Their casualness is getting me worked up!" dismissed Shojo.

"There's no point in being anxious" laughed Luffy.

"And who put us behind schedule?" grunted Sanji. "But not you, (y/n)-swan~ Your bravery made me fall in love with you even more~"

"Again, what's wrong with you?" you growled, crossing your arms over your chest.

"He's right!" yelled Masira from the other ship. "There's no point in being tense for hours on end!"

"I see! Alright, men! Full speed ahead...while relaxing!" ordered Shojo.