╟ Chapter 103: Demon of the Sea ╢

"I wonder if there are any sea monsters around?" wondered the young boy.

"Wait a second, Luffy. What are you planning?" said Nami as she walked to him.

"Oh? Just a turtle? That's way too small"

"Sheesh"

"Oi, Nami. Are we going in a different direction from the Log Pose is pointing in?" asked Usopp.

"Yes, but don't worry. We should move southwest of the compass needle"

"But going directly toward the island would be faster!" retorted Luffy, not taking time to process what he just suggested.

"Apparently, if you follow the needle directly, you'll get caught up in the ocean currents, and crash into an underwater mountain or volcano before reaching your destination" responded Nami.

"What?! A volcano?! The ocean floor is scary!" shouted Chopper.

"But I thought that all the currents of the Grand Line are completely out of whack" said Usopp. "Is there really a current that isn't going to cause us problems?"

"Yes, just one"

"And that's that. Now stay still" warned Zoro as he tied the last knot of the rope around Caribou.

"I hope you learned your lesson..." you spoke, half-lidded eyes gazing at the man whose face was squished between your heel and the deck. "Next time, you'll have a trip with no return to the ocean"

"Everyone! It's gonna get cold soon. You'd better put on a coat" said Nami, having a pink long coat on.

When you exhaled, a white cloud puffed out. It was indeed becoming colder, but it wasn't a temperature that fazed you that much. You and your old man once passed a night without any warm clothes on an iceberg. This was nothing compared to that place.

"My skin is starting to get goosebumps" shivered Brook. "Ah! Though I-"

"You're all bones so you don't have skin, right?" finished the reindeer for him, and the skeleton fell on his knees sulking.

"Chopper-san...You shouldn't do that. Please don't steal my catchphrase"

"Else you steal his purpose for living..." you muttered.

"How cold, (y/n)-san!"

"We're going somewhere cold?" Zoro arched an eyebrow. "Aren't we headed for the ocean floor?"

"Of course the water at the ocean floor is cold" answered Franky. "Even in a bath, the water's warmer at the top and colder on the bottom, right?"