╟ Chapter 166: Sanji Vinsmoke ╢

Nami faced many kinds of challenges ever since she joined Luffy's crew, but nothing could compare to the fear she was experiencing at this right moment as her captain was resting for the moment and you were completely unconscious. To fight a Sweet Commander to buy time and protect you both, she never thought it would come to this.

She held her Clima-Tact close to her chest, expanding the two sides as she prepared for her next attack against Cracker. The Homies were no help in this situation, beside making sure that he won't let a hand on Luffy or you that is. Nami jumped from her hideout inside the tree, gritting her teeth at her opponent while sweat ran down her forehead:

"King Baum!" she shouted.

"I can't-ju! I can't-ju!" the tree shook what was left of his head, panicking. "You're gonna tell me to fight Cracker-sama, aren't you?!"

"I'm gonna fight him!" Nami shook her head, earning shocked glares from the Homies. "I want you guys to protect Luffy and (y/n) with all your might!"

"Y-You're gonna fight him?! Cracker-sama is unusually strong-ju! A girl like you is no match for him-ju!"

"Whatever! You just make sure to protect them! I'm gonna distract them so you just run! Okay?"

"O-Okay-ju..."

"Whoa-whoa...Are you gonna fight me?" Cracker scoffed with a chuckle, earning a nervous smile from the navigator who clutched her weapon more tightly.

"Even though I'm a lovely girl, if you take me lightly, you'll get hurt!" she replied.

"Straw Hat can't fight anymore. I'll kill you first. And perhaps beat up a bit the other, just in case"

"You won't!" the young woman snarled in anger.

Nami threw a Weather Egg as the soldiers made of biscuits advanced forward. King Baum aimed to make a sweet escape, but was soon surrounded by more fighters created by Cracker's ability. She shot a thunderbolt at them to earn their attention, only to leave herself wide open for her enemy to strike. The navigator cried out as she avoided a blade that nearly sliced her in half, stumbling forward and falling on her knees.

"Is the son of Germa that important to you guys? I don't understand. If you go against Mama, you'll definitely be killed. Is he worth saving at the price of your life?" wondered Cracker, a bemused look on his face.

"I think you'll never understand" Nami responded, panting. "Sanji-kun is...a perverted ladies' man and annoys me sometimes. But in order to save his friends, he'll risk his life! If he's in trouble, it's our turn to save him at the risk of our lives! That's only natural!"

"Is it? I see...There's a lot I can learn from you!"