Chapter 31: Battle between "Gods"

"Yaaa ha ha ha ha ha! You're telling me to die?" Enel said, raising a brow inquisitively. "Listen to yourselves...Yaaa ha ha ha ha ha!"

"Get on with it" you ordered as he didn't stop laughing. He stopped and took a deep breath, giving the same confident expression.

"That's just what you'd expect from the game's survivors. However, it seems you don't realize who you're talking to" Enel muttered darkly, his rod showing electricity. He turned around, his back facing all of you. "It seems that you still don't understand the existence of God. An old fool who wishes happiness for Skypiea...A warrior who single-mindedly desires his 'homeland'...Thieves from the Blue Sea, who are after the gold...And finally, an incomplete empty entity that wants to become 'whole'..."

"Entity...?" repeated Robin, looking at you from the corner of her eyes. As for you, you kept a straight face but you were as confused as them.

"There are many hardships in this world, so I don't care what my lambs wish for...but this nation has a fundamental problem" he continued.

"If you have time to spout such nonsense, tell me where the Divine Squad is!" ordered Gan Fall with an irritated expression. "Just what is your goal?!"

"The return of His Majesty, Gan Fall" responded Enel.

"The return of His Majesty?"

"That's right. After his visit, God returns to his rightful place"

"Returns?! Are you saying that you're leaving Skypiea?" spat the old man.

"That's right. I've got a place to return to" Enel stood up from his ball of cloud. "It is a place regarded as God's home by the people on the sky island where I was born. People call that place 'Endless Vearth'...There, the ground extends as far as the eye can see! That is precisely the dream world that I seek! This Endless Vearth is a land befitting me!!"

"...Is he stupid?" you mumbled under your breath.

"Fighting over Upper Yard...such small Vearth...is a pretty triviality" said Enel, turning around and pointing his rod at you. "Listen. The root of your conflicts lies in a deeper place. Think about it carefully! It was born in the sky, though it's not a cloud. It lives in the sky, though it's not a bird" He slammed the rod on the ground, a bright light escaping from it. "A nation rooted in the sky...This nation itself is an utterly unnatural existence! Soil has a place to return to. So do people and God"

"D-Don't tell me you..." stammered Gan Fall with wide eyes. The bright disappeared and Enel landed on the ground.

"It's nothing you should be surprised about. As God, I'm only adhering to...yes, the province of nature. That's right. I will drag down every human from this sky!" the psycho of a man declared. The others had similar reactions like Gan Fall, whose hand was shaking in anger.

"Are you planning to wipe out this nation?" asked the old man.

"That's just natural" replied simply Enel, closing his eyes.

"Don't be conceited, Enel!" barked Gan Fall, his cloak flying. "The term 'God' is just a title used to refer to the leader of this nation!"

"Yes, up until now, anyway" scoffed Enel.

"The real 'God' does not live in the human world! The only 'God' here is this person!" the old man shot forward his lance toward you.

"...What?" you deadpanned.

"The purple right eye...I saw it from my own, and knew who you were immediately. The entity that pass through the worlds...You are this person, right?!"