Chapter 52: Sea Train and Cook

"Here's a new shirt for you, lass" winked an old perverted man, throwing at your face a black top.

"Next time you do that you will find yourself outside the train" you growled, putting on the top and throwing away the shredded bikini.

"Feisty. I like it in a woman. A shame that you will end up dead the moment the sea train reaches Enies Lobby... "

"Fuck off" came your reply.

The older man let out a scoff and exited the cabin, leaving you alone with Robin. The woman had pulled her hood to cover her face, turned toward the window. An uncomfortable silence reigned in the room, but not one you really mind to. You let out another sigh and your figure slumped on the couch as you gazed outside. Giant waves with a strong wind outside. Not a good night, to your opinion.

"(y/n). What did you mean when you said you couldn't live?" asked finally Robin.

"That? None of your concern"

"...."

".....Oh, fine" you groaned, passing a hand in your damp hair before placing back your hat on top of your head. "What I meant is that I can't live a normal life like all of you. With great powers always come a curse, and this one make me live through realms in a cycle that will never end. A cycle that I cannot achieve Nirvāṇa...."

"Nirvāṇa?" repeated Robin with a raised a brow, turning to you. "What could it possibly be?"

"It's a place that most people who are able to free themselves from Saṃsāra, the cycle of birth, life, and death. However, each one of you are able to achieve this, even without knowing" you continued. "....It's a place that I cannot go. And never will I. Do you understand where I'm getting at?"

"....." Robin was silent for a long time, trying to comprehend your words fully. And then, she finally came to the realization. "I see..."

"We all walk on a path. Mine simply diverges from yours...And this is why I need to keep it in mind, no matter what" you continued. "I can't have something that will be taken away from me forever...."

Suddenly, a man wearing a black suit entered the cabin, followed by three men behind him. You stared at them for the longest of time, and the male stomped in front of you. He grabbed your collar and made you stand up, holding your arms behind your back. Robin shot one last look at you, before you disappeared in the other car of the train. You continued to walk through the cabins of the sea train, until you reached one filled with men wearing black suits.

"Sit here" ordered the man, and you did as told with a sigh.

"What do you want?" you finally asked when the older man took a seat in front of you.