╟ Chapter 156: Nekomamushi ╢

"Pekoms-san feels indebted to us because we saved his people, the Minks" Brook explained. "That's why he tried to go against Big Mom's order and let us get away. But that only brought tragedy upon him. To find out where Sanji-san has gone, the only thing we can do is ask him since he is a member of the Big Mom Pirates"

"Okay! I'll get Sanji's whereabouts out of Lion Viper! We won't get any answers unless we talk to Sanji himself!" said Luffy.

"This guy, Pekoms, will he be well enough to talk?" Usopp asked Chopper, who frowned slightly.

"I hope he's come around"

"Anyway, Nekomamushi's place, are we there yet?"

"Just a bit more. We'll get to the Guardians' Dwelling soon so..." Wanda told.

"I wonder what kind of person he is" mused the archaeologist.

"He is heavily injured. I hope he is resting in bed quietly" the reindeer mumbled to himself, which made you raise a brow.

"He is that restless?" you asked, and a deadpan formed on Chopper's face. "Well, that answer my question..."

You all continued to travel on top of the Warneys to the Guardians' Dwelling, and Brook used this free time to play the song he composed for Master Nekomamushi. Something that you couldn't take seriously, but it passed the time.

Finally, you all reached your destination and saw at the horizon through the fog buildings made of wood. You could now have a better view of the whale-shaped tree that you first noticed the moment you entered the country. It was bigger-looking up close. Ahead, a few Minks wearing green capes were working on reconstruction. They stopped their business once they saw you arrive:

"It's the Straw Hats!" they shouted.

"Chopper is here!"

"Garchu!!"

"Garchu!!"

Just like their colleagues from the day, those Minks gave you a warm welcome with cheers and shouting enthusiastic 'Garchus'. Luffy replied to their kindness without a second of hesitation, still without knowing the significance of the word. You took notice that the Minks were recovering quite fast, even after all that happened.

Suddenly, you caught sight of shadows moving fast between the trees, and you narrowed your eyes. Silently, you descended the Warney without the others knowing and followed after those shadows. They led you a good distance away from the group, deep into the Whale Forest. After making sure that you weren't followed, the shadow stepped into the moonlight to reveal their identities.