╟ Chapter 161: Rookies ╢

Sometime you wished you didn't have that sixth sense of smelling Luffy's bullshit all the way from the other side of the Grand Line. After both him and Carrot disappeared, you concluded they somewhat entered the headquarters in search of food.

You, along with Nami and Chopper, infiltrated yourselves to get them out of here before those two idiots are found by the Marine. There was no way to tell how long you could put on this charade until someone finds out about the missing officers.

"Where are they...?" you growled under your breath.

Your two comrades went to search the canteen where lunch is served for the soldiers, and you wouldn't be surprised if they found Luffy and Carrot there. On your side, you were trying to find the safest route to escape if things got complicated.

You strutted through the hallways of the base, doing your best to avoid encountering other people. The last thing you needed was unwanted company. And you seem to attract a lot of those. You fixed your gaze ahead of you as you entered the canteen, ignoring the buzzing noise of Marine officers talking among them. Your nose caught the scent of delicious food, and you sighed in pleasure.

"I could grab a bite for the time being..." you mused.

"(y/n)-san!!!!" yelled a sudden voice behind you, making your whole body freeze in fear and horror.

Your head slowly turned to glare darkly at the smiling faces of Luffy and Carrot, the latter waving her hand wildly at you. Her stupidity doesn't stop shocking you since the moment she joined the team. You brought a finger to your lips, hushing the rabbit Mink down.

"What are you, stupid?!" you whispered/shouted at her from the other side of the room.

"(y/n)-san! Here! Come here already!" Carrot continued to shout, and you promptly ignored her. "Let's eat together! (y/n)-san!"

You turned on your heels, going for the exit. No, you won't be discovered like this. You are beyond sure there's not that much of people having the same name as yours in a place like this. Suddenly, there was a gush of wind behind you as a loud thud resonated.

A young and thin man, with long and wavy purplish white hair had landed there. He was wearing a violet coat over a turquoise plaid shirt with brown leather gloves, as well as violet pants and boots that you found beyond ugly. The standard Marine coat was adorned on his shoulders, the sleeves tied in front of his neck.