Chapter 23: Heaven's Judgment

"He's completely out of it. But the death penalty in God's Land? That's harsh" said Zoro.

"But it's the truth. It really exists! It's a punishment where you together with your ship, are put on a cloud that you can't escape from, and you keep wandering until you become bones. It's the death penalty!" Conis repeated.

"I see" murmured Robin, crossing her arms over her chest. "That's why that ship fell from the sky"

"What?! What're you talking about, Robin?" cut in Usopp.

"Remember that galleon that fell from the sky? The St. Briss, was it? They might have received that punishment 200 years ago"

Usopp thought about it for a second and gulped when he came to the realization. The other soldiers who were with the captain officer started to shout angrily at you.

"Do you realize what you've done to the Captain?!" one yelled.

"What did you say?!" spat Sanji.

"Sanji-kun, hold on!" Nami stopped the chief from beating them down. "Don't be upset like that. That was by chance"

"BY CHANCE?!"

"You're digging yourself a deeper grave, ginger" you whispered and she murmured your name as a warning to shut up.

"W-well, how should I put it, I unintentionally..."

"UNINTENTIONALLY?!"

"Deeper grave" you called, eyes closed with a slight smirk.

"SHUT UP! U-uhm, you know...it was like an accident..." Nami stammered, continuing to put on an act.

"AN ACCIDENT?! AN ACCIDENT, YOU SAY?!"

"Man, you passed through the earth and went on the other side by how deep you dug"

"(Y/N)!!!!!!!!!!!" snarled Nami, eyes red. But she quickly returned to her innocent act. "That's right! It was an accident! An accident! Cause it's hard to control and ride a waver, right?! On top of that, I rode it today for the first time, so I made a little mistake while turning the handles. I'm clumsy, aren't I?"

"I wouldn't even call it clumsy at this point..." you sweatdropped, turning your face away.

"I guess beginners shouldn't push too hard, after all, should they?" the navigator continued to smile and giggled annoyingly.

"She wasn't having troubles riding it, she looked like she was having lots of fun!" stated stupidly Luffy and you facepalmed.

As to answer to the scary look Nami was giving him, you pulled your fist back and slammed it on his head. It caused your captain to faceplant on the beach, a large bump on top of where you hit him.

"Sorry. My fist slipped"

"Uhm, I'm sorry, but I thought it'd be better to treat Captain McKinley first" interjected Pagaya, approaching the officers. "I'm sorry"

"T-THAT'S RIGHT!!! CAPTAIN MCKINLEY"

"Then, let's carry him over to my house"

"We appreciate your assistance. Heso!"