╟ Chapter 173: Red Wedding ╢

It was beyond weird, as if a part of you was thrown out of the window. Your mind buzzed as you waited in the reception hall, and you brought a hand over your forehead to stop the throbbing sensation there. The Charlottes didn't pay mind to you, too busy in making sure that everything about the wedding was perfect. An angry Mama is pretty scary, after all. The only one who seemed aware of your weird state is none other than Katakuri.

The giant who stood next to you was eyeing your stressed figure in wonder. In fact, he felt a bit awkward on how to act around you if he was more honest to himself. Those who were observant enough noticed the tiny change, and nearly subjected to a bit of teasing. Only his closest siblings could permit themselves to do so, the others too intimidated to even speak their mind around their older brother.

"Konton...Have you done something to her?" the man finally inquired to his step-sibling when he passed by.

"Nothing you should worry about. Better, you should thank me..." Konton replied over his shoulder, stopping momentarily in his track to gaze at the other warrior.

"..."

A smile could be found on the guests' face. It was a cheery-looking wedding, filled with vibrant colors and jaw-dropping decorations. Foods and pastry setting mouths on water...The union between Germa and the Charlotte Family will be unforgettable, and for different reasons. Behind the gentle eyes and fake smiles of the Charlotte children, there was a darkness and a crave for bloodshed. They knew of the other facet of this farce. Germa was unaware of it.

The bride and groom were getting ready for the reception, while Big Mom had already arrived and sat down at her designed table with the rest of the VIPs and some of her closest Ministers; Katakuri being one of them. The picture of Mother Carmel was placed in front of the Emperor; a photo of an old woman dressed in a nun outfit, holding between her thin fingers a cigarette.

"How are you holding, Miss Silvers?" this question was directed at you from behind, and you turned around to see the eldest child of the Charlotte Family: Perospero.

A tall and slim man with brown eyes, a pointed nose and a very long, thick tongue. The first time you saw him, you were a bit creeped out, with his colorful attire. He reminded you of some sort of clown, but then everyone in this damn family looked like one.

"I am...fine" you answered, hesitating a bit on the last part. "Big Mom looks delighted about the wedding"

"Mama enjoys tea parties, and even more when gets what she wants in the end" Perospero stated, rather sinister. "I hope you will feel the same way during the ceremony!"

"You think?" you thought with a deadpan, eyeing the slim man as he slithered through the crowd of people to bother someone else.