╟ Chapter 113: A Feast ╢

The song of a flute resonated in an empty forest. At the very center stood a small lake with a platform floating on it. A young woman with middle-length purple and fuchsia hair continued to blow on the instrument, soft notes coming out of it.

She stopped momentarily when she felt a presence behind her. The woman lowered the silver and long flute, looking over her shoulder to see the intruder. She smiled brightly at the sight of her son, hair slightly tousled after a deep sleep. The boy grinned and ran up to her excitably like a puppy seeing his owner returning back to their home.

"Mother! See what I bought from the people of the sea!" he said, showing her a necklace made of corals.

"It's beautiful, Bryce" the woman smiled. "I'm sure your father will like it too..."

"Yeah...I wonder how long it will take before he returns..." said the boy, his expression turning a little sour. "Father leaves more often, doesn't he? What's happening at the town?"

"Hm...There are rumors going on....Your father wants to inform himself on this matter. If they were to be true...I don't think the kingdom will be safe any longer"

The scene changed rapidly, showing a sight of pure chaos and darkness. Fire and ashes. Pain and sadness. All reunited to announce the end of an era, and the beginning of another.

You woke up, startled. You were laying on a bed in the infirmary at the Thousand Sunny. You lifted yourself up, and flinched at the sudden jolt of pain you felt because of your sore limbs. You eyed your hands who were bandaged, tainted by a small blood spot.

Beside that, your body didn't seem to have taken any more damage. Only the strange sensation as if you have held something heavy for hours. You blinked when you heard something shuffling on the floor, and you looked down to see the sleeping form of your captain, his mouth wide open with a snot bubble coming out of his nose.

"Luffy?...." you called him, your voice hoarse.

He snorted, and moved a little. But he was still asleep. You rolled your eyes and used your pillow to slam it in his face. The ebony male jolted in surprise, the pillow falling down as his eyes shut open. Luffy hummed in confusion, his gaze wandering around the room before it fell on you. The young man's mouth turned into a dazzling smile, and Luffy jumped on top of you while crying in happiness. You yelped, falling back with a thud on the bed as your captain hovered your form.

"L-Luffy!...You're crushing me!" you snapped, trying to peel off the young man attached at your waist.

He was ignoring you, too busy with sobbing loudly like a child who hurt himself. You sat up and let him do his fuss while wetting your shoulder and collarbone with his tears. When Luffy pulled away, you were surprised to see him with a scowl, teeth gritted tightly against each other. Waterfalls were falling on his cheeks, eyes narrowed into slits.