Chapter 21: Sky Island

"It's a sky island!" yelled Luffy from the head of Going Merry, already starting to feel excited by the sight of this majestic place.

Chopper was trying to ventilate you after fainting for the third time in such a small time gap. Even when the lobster released its hold around the ship and disappeared, your eyes were still rolled in the back of your head with foam coming out of your mouth.

"Did you try to slap her?" asked Nami next to the doctor, hovering your form.

"Slapping won't do any good, Nami" responded Chopper. "Just let her rest on her back until she regains her-"

"What the heck happened!!?" you shot up in a sitting position, eyes wild.

Both Nami and Chopper screamed in surprise while you gave them an expression of confusion and disbelief. Arching an eyebrow, you looked at your surroundings to see the sky island you heard a lot about in your journey.

"So this is Skypiea?" you read the sign, standing on wobbly legs. "It's brighter than I expected..."

"Yeah! That's the same name as the one written on the map that Luffy found" smiled the navigator. "That galleon that fell on us really did come here...They saw this scenery two hundred years ago!"

The ship continued to sail and stopped next to the island, coming ashore. Luffy, Usopp and Chopper jumped down to land on the fluffy bed of clouds, playing around like children. All the while, Nami decided to change herself into new clothes and you let out an exasperated sigh.

"Though, I wonder...What about the people that lives here...?" you muttered more to yourself.

In the end, you followed the others in their fun and decided to go explore on your own. Landing on the shore, you walked around as you gazed at the peaceful serenity of the sky island. You walked over the rolling form of the small reindeer, who was enjoying himself in the sun.

"(y/n)!!!! Look, I found a strange nut!!!" yelled Luffy from a palm tree and you approached the young man in curiosity.

The fruit or whatever that was looked like a blue pumpkin, and also seems like it wasn't edible. You watched with a slight smirk as your captain sunk his teeth in the fruit, only to knock them hard on the surface. Like you predicted, he couldn't eat it.

"What's this? This thing's hard!" he whined and you chuckled.

"Is it? Why don't you show it to Usopp too?"

"Hey, Usopp!" yelled Luffy to the sniper, actually listening to you for once.

"What?" replied Usopp, who was making a ...cloudcastle?