Chapter 33: God's Natural Enemy

"Rubber doesn't conduct lightning..." muttered Nami, gazing at the fallen form of Enel.

"His attacks won't work on Luffy" you enriched. "He can defeat Enel"

Enel lifted himself with the help of his arms, before he jumped a few meters away from Luffy.

"What the hell...are you?!" he demanded.

"I'm Luffy. I'm a pirate and a rubber person" answered your captain.

"Rubber?"

"I get it...Rubber doesn't exist in the White-White Sea" said Nami.

"Lightning doesn't work on me!" shouted Luffy, running straight toward Enel with his fist swung back.

Enel avoided the blow by tilting his head to the side, Luffy passing him. He whipped around and shot another arm toward the flying boat to catch the railing:

"Gomu Gomu no....Whip!" yelled Luffy as he swung his leg. Enel teleported himself next to you and Luffy tried to attack him once more, only to disappear again.

"He's predicting Luffy's moves perfectly!" gasped Nami.

"He has Mantra, that's why" you explained.

Enel and Luffy continued to fight each other, with the God using more his rod than his Devil Fruit on your captain. He finally was able to pin him against the golden head of the ship, Nami crying out Luffy's name.

"Don't push your luck" stated Enel as Luffy let out a cough, his tongue sticking out. "Lightning can do more than just cause electric shock. Once I know it won't work, I'll fight accordingly"

"Physical attacks won't work on me, either!" snapped Luffy, swinging his leg but Enel disappeared and landed somewhere else. "Dammit. So this guy has that ability that allows him to read my moves too!"

"Lightning doesn't work. Physical attacks won't work either... Just what is this 'rubber'?" murmured Enel to himself, before his pointed his rod at you. "Answer me, my Goddess. What is this material?"

"G-Goddess?!" shouted in disbelief Luffy.

"SHUT THE REALM OF HELL UP WITH THIS ALREADY" you snarled, a thick mark appearing on your head. "AND AS IF I WOULD TELL YOU?!"

"Wait a minute! What is this 'Goddess' thing?!" Luffy demanded you, and you deadpanned at his anger.