╟ Chapter 145: The Clash ╢

Leaving the Sunflower Field behind, you passed through the gates of the Royal Palace. The place was deserted after the recent events, with the executives gone along the soldiers.

As you made your way inside, you heard a lot of commotion outside. Taking a quick look through a window, you were surprised to see the stone giant standing in front of King's Plateau, and one second later sliced in half from the waist.

"Zoro..." you thought, sweatdropping at the strength demonstrated. "The others are certainly freaking out right now..."

Shaking your head, you stepped away from the window and continued your route through the destroyed palace. As you progressed, you remarked and noted the signs of fighting in the hallways.

Destroyed furniture, broken windows, deep slashes marked in the walls. It continued all the way down until you reached the pool area. Or at least, what is left of it.

Your eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets at the sight of a strange drawing on one of the walls outside. It looked a bit like Usopp, to be honest. A small version of Usopp with a twirly tongue.

You looked at the top of the building, wondering if Luffy was already there, fighting Doflamingo. You used the debris all around you to jump and climb the edges of the tower until you reached the top. You hid behind ramparts, staring through a gap to see what's going on.

You gasped silently at the scene displayed in front of you. Doflamingo, with his back turned to you, was standing with Trebol a few feet away from your hiding spot. There was a large hole in the middle, the sounds of a fight echoing from it. You saw blood from the corner of your eyes, and you finally noticed in horror the unmoving body of Trafalgar Law, filled with bullet holes in his back.

"Law!..." you whispered/shouted. "Oi, Tra-guy!..."

You crawled over the ramparts, making your way quietly to Law's form. You gave an experimental push, shaking his shoulder in hope of waking him up. He can't die now, you won't allow it.

No answer. His skin felt cold under your fingertips. Too much blood spilled, you added silently in your mind. And where was Luffy? You couldn't see him anywhere.

You cursed under your breath, and stared at Doflamingo's back. The two men's attention was drifted to whatever was happening in the hole. While they were preoccupied, you decided to move Law's body.

"(y/n)-ya..." a voice hushed near you.

"Law?" you whispered.

"Do not move the body" he instructed, and you blinked in confusion.