Chapter 10: Saving a Country

"....This is beyond ridiculous" said Smoker through his two cigars, watching the fight with a dumbfounded expression.

The Bananagator was indeed running away from you, who were chasing it around the room for a good 10 minutes now. For a gigantic predator, it was quick on its feet and was easily afraid of a simple woman...A woman that could slit the animal's throat in a matter of seconds, but nonetheless a simple woman.

"GET BACK HERE!" you snarled, following the Bananagator with a thick mark on your head. "I'M NOT FINISH WITH YOU"

"GUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAA" cried out the giant animal, tears cascading down its face as it panicked even more.

"Don't cry on me! If you didn't swallow the key, we wouldn't be doing that, you stupid reptile!" you barked, almost catching the Bananagator by the tail.

It continued for another long minute, the others observing the battle in anticipation and impatience since the water level was raising drastically. Usopp and Luffy were cheering you while Nami was growing pissed of the situation already:

"WILL YOU GET IT ALREADY?! YOU'RE RUNNING IN CIRCLE!" she stated the obvious, watching as the Bananagator turned a corner and went straight for the trapdoor.

"IT'S ESCAPING!" Usopp's eyes bulged out of his sockets.

"WHY YOU- COME BACK!" you scowled, extending a hand and grabbing its tail. Finally.

The Bananagator let out a strangled noise, even more when it was suddenly lifted in the air to fall on its back, water splashing around the reptile. It started to howl when you grabbed the banana on top of its head, pulling it hard.

"I learned some of your weaknesses down here with your friends" you muttered darkly, pulling the banana harshly. "Give the key or I will make sure you don't have that banana anymore"

"QUICK, MAKE THE BANANAWHATEVER SPIT THE KEY!" said Luffy alarmed, gripping the bars tightly. "A-ah, feeling d-dizzy..."

Your grip didn't falter and you glared right in the eyes at the Bananagator, who was still crying pathetically. You groaned and rolled your eyes, opening one palm:

"Human Realm: Edge End"

The naginata reappeared in your hand and you swung it, stopping the edge just under its banana top. The Bananagator started to panic, struggling in your hold.

"Give me the key and I won't slice it off!" you threatened darkly, the dark clouds hovering you.