╟ Chapter 111: Ship of Promise ╢

The battle between your group and the New Fishman Pirates continued on, with more casualties on the other side. Fortunately. You remained next to the Mermaid Princess all the time, with Surume blocking the threats and the attacks. You were having a huge advantage by taking this beast as a shield, until Hody's voice boomed in the plaza:

"Kraken!" he snarled, and Surume flinched with sweat running down its skin. "Good job, considering it was you. You gained their favor so slickly and caught Shirahoshi!...Now, squeeze her to death!"

"What?! Surume, don't listen to him!" you yelled at the beast who gazed at you, then at the princess.

"Your brother at the North Pole...I know exactly where he is. We can just go there and kill him whenever we want. You brothers are mythical creatures. Even dead, I can sell you for a good price" threatened the fishman, and the Kraken gulped. "Don't tell me that's what you want...Kraken? I'll tell you one last time. Squeeze Shirahoshi to death!"

"No! Shirahoshi!" you yelled, throwing yourself at her as the tentacles enrolled themselves around her body.

"S-Surume-sama!" gasped the princess, clutching unto a tentacle. "Y-You're hurting me!"

"Let her go, Kraken! Don't make me use my powers on you again!" you warned darkly.

"Surume!" yelled the far away voice of Luffy, and the Kraken lifted its head to face him. "You were doing everything he says in order to save your brother's life? I know how you feel. Is it your younger brother or older brother?"

The Kraken blinked in confusion as your captain gave him a huge smile:

"Let me try to save his life too! Did you forget? I'm your friend!"

The beast flinched, its mouth becoming agape while tears rolled down. The Kraken released Shirahoshi who let out a sigh of relief, looking up at it with a smile. Your captain went ahead to kick Hody's ass once and for all. However, it didn't take long before you faced another problem. Bigger than the mythical creature.

You weren't the only one to notice it, with the citizens witnessing the fight staring at the sky with horrified expressions. The gigantic ship was pushing against the bubble, and by the size of it, if it wasn't crushing you first, it will be the pressure of the ocean. Something big fell from the it, heading toward your way. It was the Umibozu, who landed head first on the ground.

"Captain Vander Decken! I fell off!" he exclaimed, a large bump covering the top of his head. "Stop the ship! I don't wanna die!"

"Vander Decken?!" you repeated. "No...Don't tell me..."

"Shirahoshi! Accept my love!" shouted the voice of Vander Decken through a Den-Den Mushi.