╟ Chapter 174: Change of Plans ╢

"H-HE BROKE MOTHER CARMEL'S PORTRAIT!"

Just a few minutes ago, Big Mom was rampaging around the ceremony to eliminate either your captain or Jimbei by using her sun Homie, Prometheus. No one was aware (not even Katakuri who could see in the future since he didn't bother with the copies of Luffy anymore) of the person sneaking behind the scene, using a hammer to break the photo frame in pieces. Big Mom turned back, her eyes widening in both shock and panic at the sight of the portrait.

"Oh, no! This is a big deal!" Big News Morgans stammered as he pulled out his personal Den-Den Mushi that took pictures.

"What the hell?! I thought the fake Straw Hats were all animals!" a guest shouted.

The copy peeled off his face, revealing Brook who was posing as one of the fake Luffys. That skeleton will get a fucking medal at the end of this journey if you ever get out of this mess alive. The guests screamed their head off, horrified to see a living dead man standing in front of them.

"S-Soul King?! I thought that you were dead!" Big Mom cried out, directing her attention to Brook.

"I died just once a long time ago" he replied.

"Do you know who that is...in the picture....?" the old woman grew dizzy, not knowing where to direct her anger anymore.

"Why isn't she shrieking?!"

"There's too much for her to considerate...The wedding cake she was eager to take a bite from was destroyed, and now the portrait of Mother Carmel is broken too" you gritted your teeth.

The ceremony became much more messy right after, with Big Mom throwing a fit like a child while you all waited for the moment she will loose her mind. The Charlotte children didn't stand still for too long, and began to attack. Their first targets were of course the Vinsmokes, Perospero using his ability to trap them into candy while your comrades were too preoccupied with their own problems. Seeing that you were the only one the Charlotte didn't pay mind to, you decided to carry on the plan:

"She needs to focus her anger on the portrait..." you gazed at Big Mom who was walking toward the wedding cake. "She needs to see it again!"

You took a sprint in the direction of the table where the pieces of the broken portrait laid on. Taking them, you ran toward Big Mom in hope that nothing will stand in your way. But life was never simple. You were first spotted by Oven, who immediately became an obstacle when he realized what you were trying to do.