Chapter 11: Leaving and New Member

"Nah. I'm serious, how can a duck beat me at chess?" you complained, watching as Carue checkmate you.

"Well, (y/n)-san..." giggled Vivi. "You need to take down the 'King'...you only took care of the 'pawns'..."

"Wait. The duck told me to take his pawns first then the others!"

"You don't have to..." the princess replied. Your eyebrow twitched and you looked back at the duck who was laughing obnoxiously, thinking you weren't hearing him.

"YOU LIED TO ME!!" you snarled, as you threw the chessboard and the black pieces at Carue who quacked. "I WILL ROAST YOU, CHICKEN!"

Vivi continued to laugh until Usopp and Sanji entered the first aid room with groceries.

"Carue beating the famous 'Immortal' (y/n)? How shocking" mocked Usopp and you glared darkly at him.

"Oh yeah?! Prove that you're good at chess right now!" you snapped.

"I don't think you're still understanding the rules though..."

"What was that?!"

"Boy...I slept really well!" yawned Luffy as he woke up after three days of sleeping. "Oh? My hat? My hat! Where's my hat!? I'm starving! Breakfast! Hey, Breakfast! Where's my hat?! Breakfast! My hat?!"

"Calm down already!" you threw one of your pillows at your captain.

"You just woke up and you're already loud!" scoffed Sanji. "And it won't be breakfast. It's early evening right now"

"Your hat is over there" stated Usopp. "A soldier found it for you in front of the palace"

"Oh, good!" he said, stretching his arm to grab it and pull it on his head.

"I'm glad you got well, Luffy-san" sighed in relief Vivi.

"Got well? I've always been well"

"You dummy! You were in serious condition with a high fever and stuff" countered Nami. "Vivi and Chopper attended you all the time!"

"Really? Thanks!"

The door opened and Zoro entered the room. He had finished training with the boulders he was lifting with his bare hands.

"Oh hey, Luffy! You woke up?" he said.

"Hey, Zoro, long time no see!" chuckled Luffy. "Long time no see?"