Chapter 34: Fight in the Sky

"Well, with that statement, I expect you understand that you won't be leaving this ark safely. Or will you place your hopes in the two rats that have snicked aboard? Ya ha ha ha ha!" Enel smirked, eyeing the ginger girl who let out a gasp.

The God stood up from his throne and walked down the stairs leading to it.

"It seems that they really do intend to rescue you. Fools to the bitter end" he said, then stopped.

His hand glowed blue and Nami barely had the time to register what's happening that an electric beam was shot toward her. She threw herself on the side, avoiding the blow by millimeters. She rolled away and landed back on one knee, Enel laughing at her attempt to escape.

"Even if they did come to rescue you, none of you will leave alive. Accordingly, I have no obligation to wait for them"

You saw that Nami was holding the Clima-Tact between her fingers, but you knew that it was futile against someone like Enel. However, your mind wandered to the two people inside the ark right now. Who were they? Everyone was out according to Nami, besides Luffy. So who could it be?
Enel aimed to shoot another lightning toward Nami, and this time the girl pulled out her weapon. She deflected the shot by making it follow another path with her Clima-Tact.

"How very interesting, young lady. They have very unique weapons on the Blue Sea, I see" he said, shooting another lightning with his rod and Nami was prepared to receive it.

"Thunder Ball!" the navigator yelled, deflecting the lightning to the sky.

"Creating a path for the lightning to follow is a clever tactic. It displays a commanding knowledge of the nature of weather" stated Enel, jumping down from the platform to face completely Nami. He lifted one hand with electricity running through the limb. "Ya ha ha ha ha! You seem to have already realized that if I change my attack, that trick won't work! Isn't that right? I have work to finish. Now disappear!" The ball of energy grew bigger and Nami was frozen on the spot.

"Nami! Jump off already!" you yelled at her. "You can still avoid it!"

"B-but (y/n)-" she stammered and you cut her again:

"Forget about me! YOUR life is in danger right NOW!"

"WHY DON'T YOU DISAPPEAR?! HISSATSU KAENBOSHI!" shouted a familiar voice, before something exploded and covered Enel with black smoke.

The blue sphere of thunder disappeared, and the God did a slow turn toward the open door. You hopped on your knees to gaze at the door on your right, seeing the sniper who was hiding his face with his slingshot, his legs shaking in fear.

"I...I'm sorry!" he said quickly and pathetically.