╟ Chapter 168: Eyes ╢

You felt like a damn puppy attached to a leash.

The difference being that nothing was linking the key held by your fiancé and the lock tied in your hair. Though, unlike the others, that man didn't give you a creepy vibe, yet. You were soon out of your cell after you learned the news of your engagement that you never accepted, and you could freely roam some areas of the Whole Cake Chateau. As long as you were accompanied by Katakuri or monitored by a member of the Charlotte Family at all time.

Still, it's not like you could escape on your own without your powers. The lock was the result of a Devil Fruit, similar to that Breed guy who used his collars to control people. It couldn't be broken, only unlocked by the key protected by Big Mom's son. And that man could foretell the future, to add to your misery.

"Jumping out of the window won't work"

"Seduction won't either"

"Do that and you lose your legs"

"Mama isn't too fond of broken soldiers"

You were beyond fuming in your corner, arms folded and sitting next to Katakuri who had a similar position, with a leg propped over the other. A look toward him and you could tell he was still glaring in your way like a hawk watching its prey. You scowled, murmuring curses under your breath.

"...So, what's with the scarf anyway?" you tried to start a conversation, eyes glaring forward. "Bunny teeth? Big lips? Too much scars?"

"It's none of your business" Katakuri answered coldly, and you raised a brow at the dark glint that passed in his eyes for a moment.

"If we're going to be husband and wife, you'll eventually have to remove at the wedding. No? Not that I want to, honestly"

"Our wedding won't be the same as Pudding and that Germa son. Mostly at the end..."

"...What do you mean by that?" you slowly turned to him, a drop of sweat rolling down the side of your head.

He didn't answer you, just another glare from his dropped lids. You snarled deeply, him and his silences. Well, at least he wasn't a loud mouth that would annoy you days and nights. Suddenly, three chefs made an appearance and caught the attention of your fiancé.

"It seems like it's time for my Merienda..."

"Merien-what?" you deadpanned at the man who stood up suddenly.