Chapter 14: Ships falling everywhere, welcome to the Grand Line!

"Bad news! Everyone, wake up!" came Chopper's cry. 

You jolted up, your hat falling over your face at the sudden movement. You brought it back on your head while looking at the reindeer who was running toward you with a panicked expression.

"The Marines! The Marines are here!" he shouted.

"What?!" you all said in unison.

You didn't waste time and immediately ran down the mountain to the beach where you saw one Marine ship.

"They don't look they're about to attack" said Nami.

"What on Earth is it doing here?" wondered Usopp, taking a step forward.

"Hey, Straw Hat pirates! I am Sergeant Minchy, of the Marines. It's a pleasure" introduced a strange looking man.

"Pleasure?" you repeated in disbelief, hands on your guns.

"Listen, I'm terribly sorry about the other day. If we had known better who we were dealing with, we wouldn't have chased you around like that. I hope you accept our apologies"

"Strange, isn't it? It's only natural for the Marines to chase pirates" Sanji's voice dripped with sarcasm.

"He's being unusually hospitable. Watch yourselves" sweated Usopp.

"I will need only one bullet to knock him out...if you know what I mean" you muttered, aiming now your gun at the Sergeant's forehead.

"P-Please! Don't get upset! I understand that you're the ones who defeated Crocodile back in Alabasta, aren't you? I wouldn't think of fighting against pirates as great as you are!" waved Minchy. "Believe me. I mean, if we meant to attack you, would we come here with only one ship?"

"What do you know? The guy is afraid of us, isn't he?" sneered the sniper.

"Even assuming we did risk our lives to fight you, it wouldn't earn us a single penny" continued the Sergeant.

"So, what are you doing here?" demanded the chief.

"Oh, we're just here to investigate the island. It's a newly discovered island that doesn't appear on our maps"

"Investigate? There's just an old man and his island goats here" replied Nami.

"Now that you mention it, where did the old guy go?" muttered Usopp, looking left and right.

"I see. Then Zenny is being safely cared for here, isn't he? Once our survey is done, we're planning to return to our base. You'd best set sail on out of here as soon as you can" said Minchy. "Marine Headquarters is in a frenzy to eliminate you guys, after all"