╟ Chapter 167: The Heart Lock ╢

They were long gone, and still Luffy hasn't moved from his spot on the ground. Nami was sitting close to him, hugging her legs against her chest. She held a saddened expression, the corners of her eyes not completely dry yet. You, on the other hand, gazed in the direction the Vinsmokes went. The town was far, but you could decipher some buildings at the horizon.

"Luffy. Are you really gonna wait here?" Nami sighed. "We're right in the middle of enemy territory"

"I'll wait" Luffy breathed.

"Pound said the people who took down a Sweet Commander...ended up being annihilated in the blink of an eye by Big Mom's vengeful army that came along with a storm. So the enemy will come...But Sanji-kun..."

"Sanji will come!" your captain retorted stubbornly. "So I'll wait here!"

"In any case, perhaps we shouldn't stay out in the open..."

The conversation between your two comrades continued, your mind not catching the last bits as you suddenly gazed at the top of the Whole Cake Chateau. Dark clouds were forming around the building, and the temperature suddenly dropped. Nami stood up abruptly, eyeing the dark sky in disbelief:

"W-What's going on?! It was clear but suddenly, dark clouds are gathering..."

"T-This is bad-ju!" King Baum panicked, trembling in fear. "That mountain is where Mama lives! Mama is angry-ju!"

"Big Mom is?!" Nami blinked. "Y-You got to be kidding...Is this the power of one person?!"

"We have to leave this place..." you gritted your teeth. "Luffy-!"

"I'm not leaving until Sanji get back here!" the boy shouted back to your irritation.

"It's not the time to be dumb!"

You were about to walk over where he was laying to lift him up against his will, but something made you stop in your tracks. Your eyes wandered to the path Germa took a while ago, eyeing the cracks that adorned the old pavement. A red liquid was coming out, pouring all over path and the grass around.

"NAMI-" you began to shout at the girl who was unaware of what was happening next to her.

"It's time to confess"

The navigator finally noticed the red substance inside the cracks, and she watched in horror as it suddenly went to leap at her. You jumped in front of Nami to protect her, feeling the liquid envelop your whole body and tug you forward. She screamed your name as you were forced on your knees, before the substance started to pull you toward the path.