╟ Chapter 129: Dressrosa ╢

"He picked up!" shouted Franky.

"PICKED UP!!" shrieked Chopper, jumping in Usopp's arms.

"Doflamingo!" cried Luffy, clenching his fists.

"SHHH! He will hear you!" hushed the sniper, waving his hand wildly in front of his nose, but your captain didn't listen to him as he took the Den-Den Mushi from Law's hand.

"Hello? I'm Monkey D. Luffy! I'm gonna become the King of the Pirates!"

"I TOLD YOU TO SHUT UP!" snarled Usopp, punching the back of his head.

"Oi, Mingo! Are you stupid, old Caesar's boss?! He gave Brownbeard and the children hell! We will give you back Caesar as we promised but if you do that again, I will beat the hell out of you!" the boy threatened, ignoring how his friends were staring at him with panicked expressions.

"Straw Hat Luffy" came the simple reply of Doflamingo. "You went away for two years after your brother died. Where were you and what were you doing?"

"I shouldn't tell anyone about it!" snapped back Luffy, and the ex-Shichibukai laughed through the snail responder.

"I wanted to see you. I have something that you'll want very badly now"

"Something...that I'll want...very badly?...."

There was a small pause with the ebony male not saying anything, the others gazing back at him and waiting for his reaction. Luffy's brow twitched, and you watched with a sweatdrop as his eyes turned into meat.

"O-Oi! How delicious is that meat you're talking about?!"

"Straw Hat-ya! Don't get drawn into his pace!" barked Law, slapping his cheek while snatching the Den-Den Mushi.

"One chunk of meat! Two chunks of meat!~" drooled Luffy, a background of meat filled with rainbows standing behind him.

"LUFFY! Keep yourself together!" you shouted, grabbing his shoulders and shaking him.

The lad was too caught up in his fantasies about delicious meat that he cut himself from reality. You slapped his cheeks numerous times while yelling out insults loudly, making the mad man from the other side of the Den-Den Mushi chuckle in deviousness. You froze at the sound as you heard your name being called by him:

"(y/n) Silvers. A pleasure to hear of you after those two long years of inactivity....I was starting to believe you ended up dead in some dark corner of the world. A shame it would be if it was the truth"

"What do you want?" you gritted your teeth, facing the snail that mirrored its answerer's characteristic glasses. "Why would you care if I was dead or not?"