╟ Chapter 189: Preparation for a Raid ╢

It was a fiasco after a fiasco. Your whole group was recognized as criminals across the country, the Flower Capital was no longer safe for any of you. Samurais and ninjas were constantly patrolling the districts now , so you had no choice but to abandon everything behind. The only thing you actually got back from the capital was Kotaro, and only because the tanuki was able to find you outside the city. Now he was back at following you happily like a dog.

"Get your butt moving, or I'm leaving you behind!" you snapped at the raccoon dog.

"Pon! Pon! 𝅘𝅥𝅮"

Shifting the child's weight over your shoulder, you took a sharp turn around a corner when you began to hear the militia right behind you. They probably were on your track after taking a look inside the room you rented at the inn. Ever since Yasuie's death, the whole capital was in an uproar. And perhaps the consequences would be worst if they didn't shift the attention of their citizens on the upcoming Fire Festival.

"Over there! One of the intruders!" a man barked at the end of the street, and you cursed your luck by how fast they found you.

"Sorry, Toko. You will have to hang on tighter until we are out" you told the poor girl who remained frozen in your arms, traumatized.

You grabbed one of your guns and began to fire in the direction of the officer. You took the moment of him being caught off guard to cross another street until you reached a dead end. Taking on your panther form, the child was hanging in your maw by the collar of her kimono. It made it easier for you to navigate and jump across the rooftops of the capital. You were surprised that Kotaro could keep up with your speed, the tanuki always at least two feet behind you.

You managed to break out from the Flower Capital, your pursuers no longer at your tail. However, it didn't mean you were out trouble yet.

"What am I going to do with you?..." you sighed, shifting back in your human form after you made sure you were all a good distance away from the capital. "No way I'm going to bring you back home after...this bullshit"

"D-Daddy..." she sniffled, her tears continuing to fall as she gazed no where in particular. It seems she was still in a daze.

You gritted your teeth at the sight of her. How could they simply do that in front of children? To execute a man in font of his own daughter? You promised yourself that you will get revenge on that bastard of Orochi. This coward couldn't get away from this anymore. A yell of your name broke you out of your trance, and you turned in the direction of the source. It was Usopp, Robin, and Brook; the first waving his arms wildly with a smile.