╟ Chapter 179: A Reverie ╢

The cannonballs were fired at the Sunny, causing everyone on board to panic as they realized the inevitable. That is until a huge hand grabbed your ship and pulled you under the water before the impact.

Wadatsumi brought the Sunny into his mouth and began to swim away from the enemy. But the Charlotte Pirates weren't that easily deceived from the Sun Pirates's plan. Oven boiled the water to even deeper levels, sending tunnels of fire underwater. One of them pierced Wadatsumi straight in the chest, and the fish-man had no choice but to spit the Sunny back on the surface.

"WADA-KICHI!" Luffy cried out.

The enemy began to fire at you once more, but the fish-man was adamant to protect his Boss until the very end. He stretched his arms wide, and shielded you from the cannons' blasts.

"Just go, you guys!" Wadatsumi groaned in pain. "I was a bad boy at the Fish-Man Island...I'm sorry! But Boss Jimbei let me come along with him...I-I thank him for that!"

Wadatsumi cried out in pain when Oven attacked him once more, the fish-man engulfed in flames. Jimbei screamed his name in panic.

"Since Boss said that he wanted to join the Straw Hats...We were determined!" the Umibozu continued to speak meanwhile. "WE MADE UP OUR MIND!"

To avoid getting himself killed, the rest of the Sun Pirates pulled the giant underwater before the next cannon ball could hit him. Then, one by one, they all came out of the water to form a chain that separated the Sunny and the Big Mom Pirates.

"Go, Jimbei! Straw Hats!" shouted Aladdin as the Queen Mama Chanter sailed closer and the fish-men roared their battle cry. "We celebrate your departure!"

You could only watch the two factions fight each other while the Sunny drifted away safely. Your allies were actually creating currents that allowed you to sail faster on the sea and away from Big Mom's territory.

"...Flooding is a sailing ship's weakness...Bail the water out quickly!" Jimbei spoke. "The ship is getting heavy and slow...Repair the holes in the sails and catch the wind at a proper angle, and advance as fast as you can! It'll still take several hours to get out of their territory!"