╟ Chapter 177: Fallen Angel ╢

"LIMBO!"

You ran as fast as you could, lightnings raining on you. Impossible to tell where the projectiles came, both from the sky and earth. The rockery field of this no man's land was a huge disadvantage for you as you tried to hold your balance on your two feet.

You leaped forward and did a cartwheel to take some distance between you and Konton. Landing on your knees, you whipped your upper body in the enemy's direction to fire some bullets from your guns. Wings made of light sprouted from his back, blocking the projectiles from hitting him. Who would have thought he could spring out those things like a real angel?

But that bastard was everything but a holy being bathed in light and whatever rubbish some spiritual folks could spit out. You will rip out each of his feathers one by one until nothing remains. He dared make a fool of you. Dared to use you like a puppet for his family of psychos. Kicked you around while you had your hands tied behind your back for his enjoyment.

"BLACK BULLET!"

The Human Realm ended up useless against an opponent like him. None of your bullets, nor your naginata could graze his feathers or body. Dodging the projectiles easily or repelling the blade by brushing it off like dust that settled on his shoulder. Konton seemed untouchable.

"Why don't you see it's useless? Your pitiful attacks are nothing to me" the man seethed, unsheathing a pair of sabers attached to his back.

"You say that like I used all of my tricks, bastard" you gritted your teeth. "That perfect persona of yours is pissing me off!"

"A one trick pony, taking the form of an untamed and ungracious beast! Come forward, I will purify those demons myself, cleanse your body before it's too late!"

"Realm of God you disgust me!"

You resumed your attacks, trying to find a weak spot in this armor that his wings served as. But they weren't the only thing who was tough about him. The only few times you got close to this man you couldn't figure out how it was even possible for a human body to be that hard. It felt like stones, an unshakable wall of bricks.

The sabers were swung in your direction, almost hitting you if you weren't quick enough to dodge by a few steps back. Your mind too preoccupied on not loosing your balance, Konton thrust his blades forward once more and managed to slice a part of your dress and graze your skin. A pained sound escaped your mouth, cut short when he kicked you in the stomach. You grazed the soil across the whole island, rolling a few feet away from your opponent. Your muscles flexed and flinched painfully when a stinging sensation erupted at the spot his blades touched. A substance that both paralyze and poison the target.