Chapter 50: Uneasy Feeling

"That must be the Galley-La Company's main office" stated Nami. "It's connected to Dock #1"

After running for a good hour among the rooftops of Water 7, Luffy finally stopped on one who faced the large building that was known as Galley-La's headquarters. People who looked like reporters were all over the backyard, taking notes and pictures. Shipwrights were also gathered there too.

"Iceburg-san must be in that building. Are you serious about going?" asked the navigator as she gazed at Luffy.

"Of course. I'll go ask Ice-ossan in person why he said Robin was one of the culprits"

"Let me warn you. Just remember that we're also being chased after by the entire island! Make sure you get some idea where his room is beforehand and seize an opportunity to carefully sneak in...."

The minute after, Luffy broke inside the building by a window. Nami watched the scene with a deadpan, before facepalming hard. Even more when the people outside started to make a ruckus and panic.

"It's Luffy we're talking about" you pointed out and Nami groaned under her breath.

"Can't he just listen JUST FOR ONCE?!!"

"Not in his vocabulary, unfortunately"

A little while later, a gunshot resonated inside the building, and Luffy came out from another window. He jumped back on the rooftop the two of you were on.

"So, what's the situation?" you demanded at the frowning captain.

"He said he really saw Robin" Luffy replied gravely.

"Can't be...Why would Robin do something like that?" questioned Nami.

"I refuse to believe it!"

You blinked when Luffy lifted you with one arm, the other wrapping around Nami's waist. Then, you realized his intentions and you started to panic. Not a second later he was jumping rooftops from rooftops across the city of Water 7, with Nami and you screaming your head off.

"WE'RE FALLING! WE'RE FALLING!!!" sobbed Nami as Luffy let himself fall down from the upper level of Water 7 to the lower.

Luffy stretched one hand to grab the edge of a bridge and propel himself on top of another rooftop, crashing on it.

"All right! We've landed!" laughed Luffy with you still in his arms and Nami laying on the ground at his side. "Boy, I'm exhausted!"