Chapter 13: Three Days

A/N: I totally forgot to ask from the chapter before. Can you guess who is the Reader's 'old man'? Aka the father who adopted her, only to leave her after. Cookie for the one who can guess right.

After learning the old man's death date was coming, your crew decided to give him a feast the morning after, acting a little gentler this day toward him.

"Good morning, old-timer!" greeted Nami as the old man came out of his home, looking at the food in bewilderment.

"Breakfast is ready" told Sanji with a smile.

"W-What is all that?!" stammered the old man with wide eyes.

"Sanji is a noted cook, so this is delicious" said Luffy.

"The island goats told me where the fruit is, and some points where the fishing was good" spoke Chopper, the goats letting out a sound of agreement.

"Come on, hurry, hurry" said Nami, taking the old man's arm and guiding him toward the feast.

"Nami-chan, I'm warning you, I don't have a penny to pay with"

"You don't have worry about that"

"Something's fishy here. Way too fishy for me. There's a proverb about this, you know" trailed the old man, eyeing the food. "Beware of pirates that suddenly become nice. There isn't any poison in this, is there?"

"Would you like some?" you grunted, arms crossed over your chest.

"(y/n)!" scolded Usopp. "It's only natural to be kind to the elderly, isn't it?"

"If you don't want any, I'll eat it for you" mused Luffy. He stretched his limb to steal the man's plate.

"Hold on! I'm eating!" stopped the old man. Only to realize that indeed Luffy could stretch his arm. "WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU?!"

"OLD-TIMER, ARE YOU OKAY?!" panicked Chopper, coming beside him.

"DON'T STARTLE HIM" cried Nami, punching Luffy.

The old man finally calmed his heart down and started to dig in, learning that Luffy was a Devil Fruit user.

"Yum! It truly has been a long time since I've had anything this good" sighed in delight the old man.

"Old-timer, if there's anything we can do for you, just ask us, okay?" offered Nami with a smile.

"Make sure you don't leave behind any regrets" sniffed Usopp, on the verge to cry.