Chapter 48: Franky

"Truly a shitty day..." you groaned, one hand holding your chin in place, laying against the railing as you gazed at the retreating form of Usopp.

After another heated argument, the sniper decided to quit completely the gang, without Luffy's consent. Though, in the state your captain was in, it probably won't matter anymore. Usopp crossed that line, and the ebony male won't do a thing about it. The others were outside as well, yelling at him to come back (mostly Nami and Chopper.)

"Come back!" sobbed the reindeer. "USOPP!"

"Luffy..." murmured the navigator when your captain finally exited the kitchen, watching Usopp's back. Eventually, the sniper stopped, his back facing the Going Merry.

"Luffy! I can't go along with you anymore. Sorry to cause you trouble until the end" stated Usopp and the ebony male clenched his teeth. "It's true that the ship belongs to you, the captain. So fight me...Monkey D. Luffy. Fight a duel with me!"

"What is he saying...?" you muttered.

"At 10 o'clock tonight, I'll come back here. Then we'll fight a duel over the Going Merry. I'll defeat you and take the Merry. That's...the end of the bond between you guys and me"

Night finally settled over the city of Water 7, the time on the clock almost passing 10:00 PM. You still couldn't believe that both Usopp and Luffy will fight each other over a ship. A ship that held many memories, but still an inanimate object that will soon perish in a few days. Nami was with Luffy, trying to reason with him about all this madness. Chopper followed Usopp, and the two idiots, Zoro and Sanji, were arguing in the kitchen.

"I'm saying, the Franky Family came here this afternoon, right?!" Sanji caught Zoro's shoulder and the swordsman slapped the hand away.

"So what?"

"Why didn't you beat them all up beyond recovery then?! If you had, Usopp wouldn't have been attacked and felt guilty!"

"Then, instead of going shopping, you should've stayed and fought them!" snapped back Zoro.

"I went to get necessary food as your cook!"

"Enough!" your voice boomed around the room and the men quickly shut up. You pinched the bridge of your nose, sighing: "There's been enough fighting"

"(y/n) is right. Don't fight over something that is done" acquiesced Nami as she entered the kitchen, a dark look on her face.

"Nami-san! But this idiot is..." trailed the chief, cut short when the door opened once more to reveal a teary Chopper.

"Chopper...Didn't you...go follow Usopp?" asked slowly Zoro.