╟ Chapter 104: Through the Darkness ╢

Darkness almost filled your complete vision, but you were still able to distinguish the figure of your comrades through it. The sniper released a groan, waking up finally with a large bump over his head. Nami turned to him, uttering his name in relief to see her friend alright.

"So I'm alive....Huh? What's wrong? Why the long faces?" Usopp asked. "I swear, you really are helpless without me"

"Keep telling yourself that" you scoffed while the male started to shiver, finally feeling the cold temperature of the ocean's bottom.

"It's so cold here!"

"We can't find Luffy and the others. It looks like we got separated" said Robin and Usopp let out a shocked noise. "I just hope they haven't been torn to pieces by a sea monster"

"Your imagination is too scary" sweatdropped the sniper.

"I don't see any of their auras close to us..." you muttered, surveying your surroundings. "However, there sure is giant fishes around here..."

"Giant fishes?!" repeated Chopper.

"Still, we won't find them in this darkness, no matter how hard we look"

"I do not like the darkness..." said Brook, chills running down his back. "Do any of you feel like we're being watched?"

"Yeah. There's an anglerfish right behind you" you answered, pointing.

"WHAT?!" panicked Brook, throwing his arms in the air.

"I'm kidding....No, it's a gigantic viperfish"

"We're probably at least seven thousand meters down by now. At this depth, the pressure would even flatten the Shark Submerge like a pancake"

"Are we near Fishman Island? Maybe they're already there?" suggested the doctor.

"I think Keimi-chan said it's ten thousand meters beneath the surface" said Robin, and Chopper gasped at that.

"We still have to dive another three thousand meters?!"

"They're only protected by those small soap bubbles. Even if they're still alive, they'll run out of air soon!" said Usopp.

"This is why I told them to keep the lifelines attached!" groaned Nami, shaking her head.

"Crying about it won't get us anywhere. Let's look for them. I have a light function installed" told Franky.

"Huh? Do you mean your eyes?!" asked Chopper, getting excited as the cyborg pulled his sunglasses on top of his head.