╟ Chapter 146: The Final Countdown ╢

"Fourth Gear?" mused Doflamingo with a tight grin.

"That's right. In order to kick your ass, I'll get stronger!" stated Luffy, his whole left arm turning into Haki. "It's neither Second...nor Third! (y/n)! Once I'm done, you better be fine!"

"Gng..." came your only answer.

The Realm was already taking a toll on you. The Birdcage was stronger than it looked, and it was becoming hard to pull back the strings. You weren't sure if Doflamingo was behind this, but you were sure that if you ever let it go, it would snap close and end everyone's life in an instant.

Luffy discarded his sandals and took a huge breath. He blew on his left arm, inflating the limb. Though, the rest of his body was also growing in sizes. Red patterns of tribal tattoos appeared on his chest and shoulders, representing the ones of his Devil Fruit. A cape of white smoke surrounded the boy, and as it dissipated a little, you remarked how the arms had a red color around them.

"Fourth Gear: Bounce-Man!" Luffy said, bouncing on spot.

You deadpanned at the sight, shoulders dropping slightly. You were waiting for something more incredible than....well, that. It seemed that Doflamingo didn't look too impressed either, shaking in laughter.

"Is this some kind of a joke?" the blonde inquired, glaring at Luffy in disbelief. "You got quite big...Look at that inflated body of yours! I thought you had a secret stratagem or something...Can't you be more serious?!"

"Oh, but he is more than serious. That's the thing" you sighed, facepalming.

"You can't even stand straight since you're bouncy because you're rubber" continued Doflamingo. "How can you kick my ass like that?"

"For two years, I fought against monstrously-big, savage beasts! To wrestle them to the ground, I needed this giant body and bounciness!" your captain told.

"How would bounciness help you...?" Doflamingo stopped talking when he saw Luffy's arm retracting like a spring.

"Shut up! You won't...be able to do anything!"