Chapter 98: Brothers

A young boy with purple hair and cyan eyes ran through a field of flowers, laughing loudly in pure happiness as the sun grazed his skin. The day was pretty warm, and he watched in contemplation as birds flew directly above his head. The boy stopped momentarily as he heard a familiar instrument ringing in the air. A large grin was now plastered on his face, and accelerated his pace to find the source of the noise.

Following a small path, he was led to a small clearing with a lake. His eyes wandered around, and they fell on a woman playing a flute. She was sitting on a bench made of marble, her purple and fuchsia hair floating slightly by the soft wind. She stopped through half a note, lowering the music instrument and looking over her shoulder.

"Hello, Bryce" she beamed, her expression as warm as the sun.

"Mother!" exclaimed the boy, running to her side.

"So, what will you do today? Fishing with your father? Do pranks on the guards...?" her voice lowered slightly, glancing at her son with a disproving look.

"No, mother..." flushed Bryce. "In fact, I thought about passing the day with you, if you aren't too busy with your duties of course!"

"Oh really? Then I guess I could take some free time.....If fate allows me"

"Mother....Could you replay this song?"

The woman giggled, brushing her fingers through the middle length hair of her son. Grabbing her flute, she started the song from the debut. The environment harmonized with the notes she blew, Bryce watching her mother in wonder and awe.

"Bryce....Remember that I will always be with you"

"Of course, mother....Like you always say"

You took a huge breath as you gasped, back arching from the cold ground you were laying against on after your fall. Your sides were throbbing in pain, and as you looked down to see how bad it was, you nearly fainted on spot. It was as if someone just chopped the first layer of skin and decided to burn it, and then finally place it back where it was from. That's going to leave scars for sure. Luffy was nowhere in sight, only Steven sitting next to you.

The little doll explain with signs language that he ordered your captain to go on ahead and save his brother, while he would protect and treat you. As Steven healed the more urgent wounds, he hasn't took care of the others. Like the burned skin.

"Where's...Luffy...?..." you said weakly, glazed eyes surveying the area to find a straw hat.