Chapter 24: Going to Upper Yard

"Hey! Luffy!"

"W-wait up!"

Both Sanji and Usopp were running after Luffy after he exited Pagaya's house without another word. You followed them by walking casually behind them.

"Where are you wandering off to, all of a sudden?!" asked Sanji when he caught up to your captain.

"You heard Nami. We'll only burden Conis and the old guy if we stay here" he replied.

"Yeah, but where are we going?"

"Isn't it obvious? The sacrificial altar"

"And how are you planning to get there?" you muttered, stopping next to the sniper.

"We just need to swipe one of those ships and take the Milky Road" answered your captain after a long pause.

"Do you see any ships we can swipe?!" snapped Sanji.

"This isn't like the Blue Sea, you know! This old map doesn't give us details about Angel Island's geography, and even how to get onto the Milky Road is a mystery!" stated Usopp.

"Man, what a pain..." mumbled Luffy, arms stretched behind his head.

"Everyone..."

You turned your head to gaze at Conis, who probably followed your group for a long time now.

"Conis-chan! Did you come all this way to see us off?!" cooed Sanji.

"My father asked me to help you on your way to the sacrificial altar..." she said. "I'll accompany you to the Angel Island docks. Once there, I'll prepare an appropriate boat for you"

"Wow, you're too perfect! Nothing like a certain scatterbrain I know!" the sniper shot a look to Luffy.

"That's for sure!" smiled your captain.

"I WAS REFERRING TO YOU!"

"We'd be delighted to have you accompany us, Conis-chan!" sighed Sanji, his eyes turned into hearts coming out of his orbits. "Right, Luffy?"

"Sure, we'll take you up on your offer!"

You subconsciously narrowed your eyes at the girl, thinking there was something wrong with her. You couldn't help but be suspicious about this whole situation.

You were brought a little while later at Lovely Street. You looked around the area with a surprised look, seeing that even with the threat of a 'God' that could blow up everything in one minute was still cheery.

"Wow! This place is great!" gushed Luffy, observing his surroundings.

"Lovely Street is the only downtown area on Angel Island" said Conis.

"Check it out! The stores are floating!"