Chapter 5: Adventures in the Desert

"Burning up...Sweat won't even come out..." complained Luffy, his tongue stuck out.

"Quit moaning so much, Luffy. You'll only tire yourself out" waved Nami to create herself her own wind to cool herself down. A groan was her answer from the captain and she looked exasperate. "Guess he's not listening"

"It surprises me that (y/n) doesn't seem affected by the weather at all..." breathed Usopp as he watched you slide through the dunes without much effort. "Unlike Chopper"

"I can't go on..." said the small reindeer, laying on a board pulled with the help of Zoro. "I can't take hot weather...I'm fine in cold weather, though..."

"It's cause of all that fur...You should take off that animal suit..." replied Usopp and Chopper grew angry, whipping his head toward the sniper.

"What was that, you jerk?!" the doctor snarled, turning into his 'human' point. "Don't make fun of reindeer!"

"Monster!!!" screamed in fear Usopp, throwing his arms in the air.

"Chopper! Don't turn big or else I won't pull ya!"

"Who're you calling a monster, Humongo-Nose?!" Chopper continued to bark to Usopp, who was trembling.

"Don't be s-stupid! I-I'll have you know this nose-"

"Just turn back already!!!" Zoro slammed his fist on Chopper's head, the doctor turning back to normal at the hit.

You rolled your eyes at the bickering, turning to face forward as you jumped down to land back on the sand. You observed your surroundings in search of food or an oasis, thinking it would be best to spot one if your group needed to rest. Though, if what Vivi said is true, you probably won't find one until you all reached Yuba. You stopped dead in your track when you caught sight of Usopp faceplanting in the sand.

"Oy, long nose! You're alright there?" you yelled to him and he gave you a thumb up.

"Tripped on this hill" he coughed sand and you raised a brow. "What's wrong with all those hills?! I thought a desert would be more flat!"

"This is a very old desert, so some sand dunes here are over 300 meters high" said Vivi.

"300 METERS? (y/n), can I climb on your back?"

"Like hell I will let you, dumbass" you growled, climbing another dune. "And looks like Luffy is dying over there"

"It's too much...It's so hot...." continued to say Luffy, panting like a dog.

"Just one drink, Luffy. Just one mouthful" sighed Nami. He did as told, only to take a huge sip. Both Nami and Usopp kicked the back of his head. "DON'T DRINK SO MUCH"