Chapter 6 - 1.5 First Small Star - Lin Xia And Xue Jing

Audition Room for Horror Tales

Role: Xue Jing

​​

Lin Xia (Exorcist) played by Wang Tian

---

Wang Tian stood from his chair and walked towards the center. His expression changes as much as the atmosphere that surrounds him. Lin Xia, the exorcist in the movie. Is an ascetic man whose face is forever cold. The only thing that could gauge his emotion is through his eyes and the only person who could move his emotion is only Xue Jing.

Wang Tian stood straight at the center as a rod, but they could see his elegance just but standing still. His face is emotionless, and his atmosphere is aloof, heavy, and uncomfortable. When his unsympathetic eyes move around the room looking at the five people remaining that will audition as Xue Jing. Wang Tian's emotionless eyes stared down on all five of them.

At that moment, they could feel the overbearing pressure that fell on them making those inside the room unable to breathe properly. This is especially true for those artists who are auditioning as Xue Jing. To pass as Xue Jing they must be able to move the Lin Xia before them.

The four among them stood straight as they tried to look straight at Wang Tian, but they couldn't hide their legs from trembling. Xia Yang is especially worse. He lost the strength on his legs and fell seated on the floor.

Seeing their reactions, Wang Tian already failed the four artists who stood up to bear his pressure. They have forgotten Xue Jing's core personality and they weren't able to portray it properly.

Xue Jing is a fierce ghost who ruled all the ghostly creatures as their king. There is no way a mortal's presence will be able to move him at all. Moreover, he is a playful one, Xue Jing would just choose to ignore such a creature much less a human.

Wang Tian was about to get out of his character until he heard a tiny sound of a wood lightly hitting something. He looked around to see Xia Ying holding his phone lazily as if he has forgotten to grip it on his hand tightly. Allowing it to fall on the armrest of his chair with a sound, Xia Ying never stood up to face his overbearing aura. He just stayed seated on his chair and relaxed as if there wasn't anything wrong at all.

Thud!

As if he couldn't feel the pressure Lin Xia is giving as an exorcist. Xia Ying's eyes portraits only two emotions on his eyes: Tiredness and loneliness. These are Xue Jing's remaining emotions after spending his life as a ghost king. Other than those two emotions there is nothing but emptiness in his gaze.

Nothing at all.

Like a lifeless doll that was living for one sole purpose. It just so happened that even that sole purpose was hidden deep within those lonesome eyes. Xia Ying looked at Wang Tian languidly, but the latter could feel that his gaze passed his whole being like he didn't exist at all.

When he met his silver eyes, a playful smile appeared on his face making his already slight feminine appearance much more alluring than it's supposed to be.

Xia Ying's tone changed as well. There's a hint of coldness at the same time mischievousness.

"Are you here for those toys (Humans)?~ Exorcist."

The playful smile of his face remained though the depth of his eyes remained even much colder than Wang Tian's indifferent eyes.

Wang Tian continued his act as Lin Xia.

"A ghost king? How many humans have you killed?" his voice turned sharp and colder at each word.

He stared at Wang Tian for a moment before he spoke, "Hm~ But this king... don't remember. Maybe~ a lot~~" replied Xia Ying but his smile even turned more playful and sweeter as if taunting the exorcist before him.